PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Jean Bomber!

PSULLYKEYS
January 28th, 2010, 12:07
For those who missed it, Jean Bomber has uploaded his desert scenery fix!!

Thank You JB for the North Africa coastlines, roads and fixing the annoying blue squares! Bravo!:ernae::medals:

Rami
January 28th, 2010, 12:13
Jean Bomber,

This is outstanding work thus far, thank you! :ernae:

Jean Bomber
January 28th, 2010, 12:56
Hi all !

Thanks PSULLYKEYS for the annoncement :ernae:
yesterday arranging a lot my folders ,I've decided tu upload this set,a very basic scenery but on a large area ,like a stock cfs2 without airbases and gsl but that was built to fit the mesh with some roads railways from historical map source to give some lines to the landscape.
It's just a synthese of all the zip attached in the "Egypt coastline" thread ,to do in a single zip ,the tests have been already done ,I hope, all texture issues fixed so I thought that this result the desert_scen scenery would be in better place in the SOH library to download than to dwld it in the severals zip in an arrowed way in the thread .
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=27088
Now it's possible to create as in a default cf2 scenery some news on highest level of detail :jump:

JP

Jagdflieger
January 28th, 2010, 13:00
Jean,

Does this set replace the three previous files for North Africa?

Thanks for all your efforts in getting Arfrica up to the same level as the original theater (the Pacific) in CFS 2.

Jean Bomber
January 28th, 2010, 13:05
Hi jagd !

if your install taken from the thread(the complete install) works you don't need to reinstall it they are the same bgls and textures so that's is also like a kind of back up with public access http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon26.gif .

JP

Jagdflieger
January 28th, 2010, 13:08
Ahh... I understand now. Thanks again for all of your great add ons.

Jean Bomber
January 28th, 2010, 13:49
Jean,

Does this set replace the three previous files for North Africa?

The complete install is more than three zips, in the thread ,the scenery has evolued every week so the best is to reinstall the new zip on your scenery the new bgls will be overwrite the previous and the scenery need the texture folder because the begin of landwaterclass work with these bmps.

JP

egypt23spitfire
January 28th, 2010, 20:16
.:ernae:.thanks JEAN PIERRE for keeping to the med:ernae:

............:medals:.little by little:medals:

mariereid
January 29th, 2010, 02:11
JP, your work looks great! I am going to try installing your Truk. That way, at least I can get a little taste of it. Thanks for making our world look so good.:salute::medals:

Jean Bomber
January 29th, 2010, 04:55
.......I am going to try installing your Truk. That way, at least I can get a little taste of it. ........

Hi mariereid

The Truk install readme have a missed instruction step,.....the desert_scen read me also ....:kilroy:
If you have never installed a scenery built with g2k you must in first do:

step 0:
Copy all the content of your ....Combat Flight Simulator 2\SCENEDB\world\texture
...all the texture bmp files of the folder
in your
.....Combat Flight Simulator 2\TEXTURE folder.

that will prevent the brown square bug

JP