PDA

View Full Version : its all your fault!

stiz
January 28th, 2010, 11:21
so i brought X3:TC this afternoon, flew around a bit, annoyed the chaps in the big ship and got a death threat, the normal "what does this thing do" stuff .... then i see a little chappie, tested my guns a bit .... well you guys owe me a ship!! :icon_lol:

Lionheart
January 28th, 2010, 11:24
Hey Stiz! Velkomm...

Dont shoot at the Argon boys. They are on your side.

Fighting the pirates that have Elite fighters is pretty difficult. The Xenon fighters are also a handful. But you are still in Argon Prime, so you have a ways to go to find the other sectors and systems.

Did you know you can make ships for this game? Max/Gmax, with file convertors. You should see their textures and bump maps and specular maps.. Just reuse their own textures with new ship designs...

Bill

stiz
January 28th, 2010, 11:47
Did you know you can make ships for this game? Max/Gmax, with file convertors. You should see their textures and bump maps and specular maps.. Just reuse their own textures with new ship designs...

yup i heard you could, think it might be better to wait till i know what i'm doing first :icon_lol:

I'll say one thing ... the game looks stunning!

gigabyte
January 28th, 2010, 13:40
yup i heard you could, think it might be better to wait till i know what i'm doing first :icon_lol:

I'll say one thing ... the game looks stunning!

Stiz, this game is stunning, and that is an understatement, but then again I am just a tad biased.

enjoy yourself, and do try to be nice to the Argon and Terran folk, they are your friends until you start taking pot shots at them then they get real nasty real quick, and the buggers can come at you armed to the teeth, and then some...

I have to add one more thing.... "And Another One BYTES The Dust"...lol

Lionheart
January 28th, 2010, 14:46
Stiz,

Read through this thread on setting up your game;
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=26985
(if you havent already).

There are some basic tips you need to know, like getting the SETA drive, tuning your engine for maximum speed, basic understanding of keyboard controls.

Some of these stations have animated carts and pods on them, moving around in the structures. Also, some of the planets rotate and their clouds move as well. The planets are bump mapped with terrain, and the clouds carry a shadow texture that falls on the ground terrain, and the clouds move at a different axis of rotation to the planets, so you get this wierd feeling watching them from orbit, as they they are real or 3D. The planets in Earths (Terra) solar system are AWESOME.... Jupiters cloud rings (on the planet) rotate in opposite directions. You may be a while trying to find the Terran sectors though. Took me ages to get there...

If you keep heading to the planet, and you are close 'already', (close sector), you burn up in the atmosphere.

Also, you can add on VC's to your ships. Kind of adds to the game play. The VC's were just enhanced and look a bit better. Use Shift-H to turn off VC view and screen data for taking screenshots.

Bill

gigabyte
January 28th, 2010, 15:41
Bill, I meant to ask, where did you find the new cockpits, I want to give them a quick look see?

GT182
January 28th, 2010, 19:00
Hey guys, I believe we've got another X3 addict. Only he doesn't know it yet. :d

Stiz, live long and prosper.... so say we all.

Lionheart
January 28th, 2010, 19:55
Bill, I meant to ask, where did you find the new cockpits, I want to give them a quick look see?

Hey Mike, its here;

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=254635

For those that havent installed it yet, just place the new CAT/DAT files into your main X3TC folder, rename them the next number up, such as CAT8, CAT9, etc, (same with the equal DAT files) and save a game, then restart....

Bill