BR
Tom

Matt Wynn
January 28th, 2010, 05:18
just saw nobody has created topic about this
Irissimulations released some strange P40 variants looks nice

BR
Tom

Oh you don't know the half of it :icon_lol: this has a blame that can lie with me after i suggested an IRIS air race series amongst the staff there, The Clipped Wing Contra Prop is my idea of a racer and Davids... well he wanted 2 engines, we even had discussed putting a power turret in one of the twins, Boulton Paul Defiant Style, I'M actually proud of my 'refinements' gonna talk to David some more about future changes to my brainchild :icon_lol:

http://www.irissimulations.com/images/products/premium/p40x/large/2.jpg

Txmmy83
January 28th, 2010, 05:43
an Air Race Series is a nice idea:ernae:

BR
Tom

Txmmy83
January 28th, 2010, 06:19
Matt does it allow faster airspeeds than the kittyhawk?

BR
Tom

Matt Wynn
January 28th, 2010, 06:34
having not flown her for a short while it's hard to recall, but with about 1ft lopped off the wings and that big contra i believe it is, should roll faster too due to lopping the wingtips off :icon_lol: will test fly again soon, am currently ferrying my Demo F-16 from Preveza (Aktion AB) to Rome, Fiumicino :icon_lol:

when i get a moment i'll test her as i say :icon_lol:

Txmmy83
January 28th, 2010, 12:57
purchased and love them:jump:

expect some repaints

BR
Tom

Txmmy83
January 28th, 2010, 15:00
in my opinion it would deserve a sticky topic

BR
Tom

Sundog
January 28th, 2010, 18:36
Did he base the twin after the actual twin P-40 mock up? OK, just went and looked and it seems so. Very cool. :)

http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=509.0;attach=4982; image

simkid22
January 28th, 2010, 18:47
Sundog, That's similar to the photo that I dug up and gave to David Bryce. The contra was Matt's idea

CodyValkyrie
January 29th, 2010, 07:19
This really should be stickied.

CodyValkyrie
January 29th, 2010, 15:19
Bump? Will someone sticky this? This is a new plane package.

Cag40Navy
January 29th, 2010, 15:36
well, im going to buy it when i get more money....

Cag40Navy
January 29th, 2010, 15:57
sticky, anyone........?

warchild
January 30th, 2010, 06:17
I believe the actual plane is the finished version of this one
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k171/urushira/2009-3-14_19-13-40-485.jpg

There's a reason i called it joy ride. The planes were fast ( there were two of them. One prototype was in the trans atlantic race and crashed, the other was obsolete before it got any further than the build, and ended up just setting there collecting rust ). Frankly they were faster than a p-51, but, the extra engine made them about as economical as a freight train or tank from the same era. I submitted a beta fde to david for this plane several months ago, and i know he's made a few changes to it. No complaints here. David is very astute with fde's. I havent flown the final released version yet, but have been looking forward to it for several days..
one drawback this plane haas.. Those allison engines are big and prominent in the side view. it takes bit to get accustomed to them but once you do, it's a damned fun plane to fly..

warchild
January 30th, 2010, 06:53
Matt does it allow faster airspeeds than the kittyhawk?

BR
Tom
Tommy The last time i flew the beta flight model i was achieving speeds iof nearly 500 mph. Fortunately or unfortunately as the case may be, fsx doesnt model compressability very well, so you have full control at those speeds, or should have.. I just now recieved the rtm of the plane and havent taken her up for a tst run quite yet.. but i'll be doing so in a few minutes..

warchild
January 30th, 2010, 07:51
First test flight in the twin and my favorite local airstrip has to be having a winter storm blowing through.. Set deep in the oregon cascades this is frustrating, because you cant see a darned thing except cloud. Kinda weird flying with nothing but grey outside the cockpit and knowing full well theres a mountain out there waiting to jump up and smack ya..
Because of turbulence, the plane was quite squirrely but controllable. I dont know if theres quite enough lift being generated by the wings, but with some judiciousness being excersized on the stick and rudder, she seems quite capable of taking care of herself. I wont recommend this airplane for anyone who just bought fsdx and stepped into it for the first time. she's just too challenging of a plane to fly. your always on the stick and trim.
When i was first wroking on the flight model for this plane, the rudder was generating way to much force. That appears to have been fixed though and the rudder is quite tame now..
The power behind this plane is enough to put a smile on anyones face.. i did have a brief anomoly where on takeoff the speedomeer pgged at over 700 mph till i backed off on the throttle, but in attempting to reproduce that, i failed. i could never get the plane over 500 mph eexcept in a dive. Maybe it was headwinds???
anyway, i still havent flown the single engine variants yet, and am looking forward to them. the package comes with both single and twin engine variants so theres plenty there to enjoy..

CodyValkyrie
January 30th, 2010, 13:37
Bump? Will someone sticky this? This is a new plane package.
Do I have to report this post? ;)

DX-FMJ
January 30th, 2010, 15:05
Love this bird great job :applause:

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/9525/p40x.jpg

warchild
January 30th, 2010, 15:50
been flying this one a bit today.. loving it :) :) ..
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k171/urushira/2010-1-30_9-30-39-991.jpg