PDA

View Full Version : 'Montoya On Danica Patrick's NASCAR Transition'

Panther_99FS
January 27th, 2010, 17:13
http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/cup-montoya-says-patrick-transition-difficult/

EasyEd
January 27th, 2010, 17:59
Hey All,

“I think she’ll be fine in Daytona with the restrictor plates. I think at California (Auto Club Speedway) she’s going to be surprised. For open wheel, California is a really banked place. For stock cars it's a really flat place.

“When we ran the Indy cars there, California was a fast superspeedway. You go wide open all the way around – 240 mph. With your eyes closed you could do it. In stock cars you have to lift, you have to brake. The seams are an issue. A lot of things are an issue that aren’t with open wheel cars.”

That sort of transition, Montoya said, will mark Patrick’s major hurdle. And, he said, not only will she discover that matters change from week to week but also from moment to moment.

“In open wheel, if you have the best car you go out and win the race,” he said. “Here you have the best car and you come in the pits and they change the car and all of a sudden you don’t have the best car. Somebody else does. Keeping up with the track and everybody else who’s on the track and the temperatures and everything, it’s really hard. It makes it interesting, but it’s something you have to learn and keep up with.”

Montoya said Patrick shouldn’t have problems manhandling stock cars despite her size and inexperience.

“Physically, she’ll be fine,” he said. “If she can drive an Indy car, she can do this. The temperatures (inside the cars) might be the only thing. But the fitness level you have to have to drive an open-wheel car counts.”

Says it all. In open wheel all you have to do is steer in NASCAR you have to drive. I think she can handle it as long as she can communicate with her CC.

-Ed-

Panther_99FS
January 27th, 2010, 20:24
Says it all. In open wheel all you have to do is steer in NASCAR you have to drive.
-Ed-

Try telling that to a World Of Outlaws Sprintcar dirt tracker :engel016:

Cazzie
January 28th, 2010, 03:04
She'll be gone in sixty seconds.

Well not that quick, but Danica Patrick will for a long time, like to forget she ever made the move to NASCAR.

Some truths are more visible than others, This is a truism I can see from the start, why can't anyone else?

She is not going to cut the mustard folks, period.

Caz

Terry
January 28th, 2010, 05:48
If Dale Jr wasn't the son of Dale Sr he would be gone too.

Money and fame is where it's at, and she is worth big bucks to the sponsors.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for her to go even if she turns out to be a poor driver.

PRB
January 28th, 2010, 06:50
She is not going to cut the mustard folks, period...

Why not?

Thoe6969
February 9th, 2010, 05:09
Try telling that to a World Of Outlaws Sprintcar dirt tracker :engel016: Amen to that,I'd like to see Danica in a sprint car,thats where Sarah Fisher started out and she can drive anything.

Thoe6969
February 9th, 2010, 05:11
She'll be gone in sixty seconds.

Well not that quick, but Danica Patrick will for a long time, like to forget she ever made the move to NASCAR.

Some truths are more visible than others, This is a truism I can see from the start, why can't anyone else?

She is not going to cut the mustard folks, period.

Caz All she is,is a publicity tool,just like in the IRL.

ShawnG
February 10th, 2010, 19:17
1.) she hasn't "made the move to NASCAR" she's dipping her toes in the water. last I checked, she's still a full time Indycar driver, despite the hype

2.) she can drive. she's not the second coming of AJ Foyt, or Richard Petty by a long shot, but she can perform in the racecar. and she has every opportunity of winning races in the right equipment. not championships, but she's plenty talented enough to earn her keep.

3) Driving an Indycar on an oval is fairly simple, but plenty of folks don't have the courage to do it. Driving an indycar on a road or street course is another matter. plenty of driving to be done there, and until very recently, no power steering. It may be "just steering" at cali in an Indycar, but 240 mph with no fenders will get your attention.

Daveroo
February 12th, 2010, 05:34
look at erin crocker....she came from winged sprint cars..i know from first hand experiance that they are evil machines ,ive also been in a full bodied stock car..equal to a winston cup car at the time on a mile track,and it wasnt as evil..but close.(mid 80s)

personally i wish patrick well..i didnt like her at first but ive gained a new respect for her after the last weeks worth of coverage,she has a sense of humor about herself that before i took as arogance..i realised she laughs at herself alot..and she even asked her spotter to come up with a funny nickname for her that they could spread in the garage area.thats kinda wierd..but funny.

hell i dont know where i was going with this post..but i think patrick will make it like montoya did...hornish is starting to settle in and allmendinger has done well when he is given a chance,papis will never get acoutomemed cause he crys tomuch..litterally...dude allways got tears...his wife should bitch slap him...

Terry
February 12th, 2010, 06:52
Sounds good, she should copy Erin. Divorce her husband and marry Dale Jr. :applause: