PDA

View Full Version : Who's money is this?

PRB
January 27th, 2010, 14:19
Was rumaging around in my box of useless, but somewhat interesting stuff I've collected over the years and came across this. It doesn't say what country it belongs to, and I don't recognize the general-looking guy on "side 1". It must be from a country I visited while in the Navy...

Chacha
January 27th, 2010, 14:20
Thailand!

Thai bat?

Edit:

I think I misspelled the bhat... baht?

PRB
January 27th, 2010, 14:21
Cool! Thanks! :icon_lol:
:ernae:

Chacha
January 27th, 2010, 14:28
Was I right?

PRB
January 27th, 2010, 14:30
Yep, you sure were. I googled it and indeed it is a baht (Thailand). And since I was there in 1991, it all makes sense now!

That was fast! You were all over that one, Chacha! :applause:

harleyman
January 27th, 2010, 14:32
Dat Girl got SKILLS :ernae:

TheOptimist
January 27th, 2010, 14:33
I don't think it's a Baht.

Send it to me and I'll identify it for you.

Chacha
January 27th, 2010, 14:49
Yep, you sure were. I googled it and indeed it is a baht (Thailand). And since I was there in 1991, it all makes sense now!

That was fast! You were all over that one, Chacha! :applause:

In my childhood, I use to collect paper and coin money from different places where my Dad was deployed. I stopped when some countries changed their paper money every time their administration changes...

Thailand has not changed from back then... so I pretty much remember.... That is the only currency that does not say the name of the currency, I think!

Lionheart
January 27th, 2010, 17:16
Paul...

Its all coming back to you now?

This kind of reminds me of 'Dude, where's my car'... ;)

(just kidding man). :d

Willy
January 27th, 2010, 17:24
Before I retired from the Navy, everytime that I'd visit a country, whatever of their money was in my pocket when we left port, I'd toss into an old cigar box and keep. Sometimes when I'd come back to that country, I'd already have some money to spend there. I've still got quite a bit of the stuff put away.

N2056
January 27th, 2010, 17:27
I have a small box full of money from various countries I visited while I was in the Navy. Some of the coins are really interesting. I'm sure I have one of these notes in there somewhere! :icon_lol:

PRB
January 27th, 2010, 17:33
Paul...

Its all coming back to you now?

This kind of reminds me of 'Dude, where's my car'... ;)

(just kidding man). :d

:icon_lol: Well, like Chacha said, Thailand doesn't stamp the name of thier country on the money when they print it. Most countries do (that I've seen). And it's been a while since I've looked at these bills. Glad I still have them. I've got a few more, from other countries, but those are easy to ID. On the other hand, maybe it does say "Thailand" on there someplace, but in the Thai language... Most of the other bills I have have the name of the country spelled out in english... I have a bunch of coins too, all shapes and sizes!

I suppose I could have spread them all out on the table, removed the ones I could ID, and crossed that country off the list of those I've visited... But I knew this would be quicker! (TY, Chacha!) :d

Kiwikat
January 27th, 2010, 18:33
<--- It's the money you could save if you switched to Geico.