PDA

View Full Version : German WW2 pilot figures

Morton
January 27th, 2010, 14:04
Here's maybe a little challenge for SOH members who has some knowledge of weapon/BGL files. Martin Wright made some RAF pilot figures which can be added through the DP file. Just like any other weapon load. My question is: Is it possible to create f.ex a german pilot the same way? Maybe a copy of the RAF pilot BGL files can be changed to use a GER.BMP instead of the original RAF.BMP pilot texture. Just a thought..

Mort

bismarck13
January 27th, 2010, 14:18
You could just make a new pilot. I have the source I used for the Australian-Japanese-French Pilots I made lately. If I had the skins in the proper uniform style I could make a German pilot also. It wouldn;t be the Martin Wright one though. I would think he would have to do the same thing because no matter what you rename the bgl file to it is still mapped to the same skin template.:jump:

Morton
January 27th, 2010, 14:27
Bismarck, I see. Can I download your pilots from somewhere? The DL link seems to be one of those which has to be fixed.

Morton:guinness:

bismarck13
January 27th, 2010, 14:39
There are some in the Beaufighters . . .

Also, the new MB152 download available here has the French Pilot in it. If you find one you like I can make some templates for the textures you can use.

Oh, I also uploaded a version of the MB152 at SimV by accident that has one of your Ito skins mangled up to fit the aircraft . . . .

:isadizzy:

oldwheat
January 27th, 2010, 18:34
Oh, so it's Morton's skin, whew. I was afraid that we would have Itosan on our case:eek:!