PDA

View Full Version : engine sounds

stick
January 27th, 2010, 08:19
I have downloaded the fox four bunker hill campaign.When I start the engine sometimes I get no engine sounds. The engine is running,and I can fly it,but no sound..:salute:

mariereid
January 27th, 2010, 10:49
HMMM....I notice different engine sound levels all the time. Sometimes from one mission to the next, it changes. I'm sure one of our sound experts will be along, shortly.:ernae:

Shadow Wolf 07
January 27th, 2010, 13:17
Do you have any sound at all? If not, press Q.

stick
January 27th, 2010, 14:06
I:salute:t is not the q key,I tried that:salute:

Dirtman
January 27th, 2010, 15:29
Yo Stick:

Let's play 20 questions:

1) Is it a stock Fox Four plane?

2) Does it have sound in FF or QC?

3) Do you have gun sounds?

4) Is it a jet?

5) In your aircraft folder ... do you have the Lear45 jet sound folder?

stick
January 27th, 2010, 17:24
Dirtman yes it is stock fox four--f9f panther I get sound sometimes in FF and CC . guns bombs rockets have sound all the time even when there is no engine sounds. yes the f9f is a jet.I had this install about a year ago and i had the same problem. This is a new install

stick
January 27th, 2010, 17:34
Dirtman, yes I have the lear 45 sound folder

OBIO
January 27th, 2010, 17:43
stick

go to the CFS2 sound library and grab my jet sound package....drop that into your F9F and give it a try.

Be advised that the sound package is loud and proud!

OBIO

Dirtman
January 27th, 2010, 17:57
6) Is the F9F the only plane you have sound trouble with?

stick
January 27th, 2010, 19:19
Dirtman. Yes the F9F is the only plane I have with on an off engine sound problems

Fibber
January 27th, 2010, 19:28
A suggestion would be to open the Sound folder and make sure that it is "aliased" properly to a sound that you have.

Dirtman
January 28th, 2010, 06:28
Dirtman. Yes the F9F is the only plane I have with on an off engine sound problems

Now this is odd. (so what else is new ... right?)

I don't have FF Korea installed right now so I had to dig out the backup copy of the complete sim.

The F9F does not use it's own sound pack. It is aliased to the Lear45 sound.

A problem with the Lear45 would also affect ALL other jets in the sim.

7) Are you 100% sure that NONE of the other jets have ANY sound problems?

8) Install Obi's jet sound pack directly into the F9F sound folder and see if anything changes. Make sure you remove the existing F9F sound.cfg first.

stick
January 28th, 2010, 07:03
Dirtman The only other jets in the sim are the a.i. and i am not sure about them. I am going to put Obios sounds in and see how that works

stick
January 28th, 2010, 12:05
dirtman & obio, I installed obios sound files and now the skys are full of sound.thank you.

Dirtman
January 28th, 2010, 14:43
Hey Obi .... Looks like Stick is buyin' the beer tomorrow night! :ernae:

Yo Stick;

There is still one problem ... it looks like the Lear45 sound folder is corrupt or missing files so it won't work properly. This is fine right now, but later when you instal another jet aliased to it yer gonna have the same problem all over again.

ALL JETS that do not have their own sounds are aliased Lear45. This make it very important that it works properly.

Simple fix: Delete all the existing files in the Lear45 folder and copy Obi's complete jet sound pack in.

Proper fix: Replace the Lear45 folder with a new copy.

But I like Obi's cuz it sounds better on my rig.... :salute:

stick
January 28th, 2010, 16:44
Thanks for the info Dirtman

Dirtman
January 29th, 2010, 03:11
Thanks for the info Dirtman

Roger that ... yer welcome Bro. :salute: