PDA

View Full Version : MegaSceneryEarth sale 25% discount..remainder of January

limjack
January 27th, 2010, 07:41
http://www.megasceneryearth.com/store/

Just heads up for those who are collecting....its a good time to buy a parcel of land. CD is also marked down.

Jim

falcon409
January 27th, 2010, 09:50
Boy, I would like to finish out my home state of New Jersey. I purchased all of South Jersey where I'm from originally, but it was disappointing. The tiles were of very poor color quality with no contrast at all. It was cool seeing all the places I grew up and had been over the years but the overall effect was less than I had hoped for. Even at the current price, unless they've made some major changes in coloration, it isn't worth spending the money I'm afraid.

CL19O1
January 27th, 2010, 11:36
Wish they had NH. Oh well, will have to buy MA so long as it doesn't interfere with Plum Island.

Slowflyer
January 27th, 2010, 14:27
Hi,

I have been thinking about purchasing MA for a while now. However, I have been very hesitant about buying it due to the looks of screenshoots posted on that website. The screenshots of the MA look very low-res and blurry. Near the plane the scenery doesn't look too good, and defininately very blurry not too far into the distant.

Maybe it's due to the compression of the photos on the website?

If anyone has MA on their PC, would you be willing to post a few shots?

Thanks

falcon409
January 27th, 2010, 14:42
The bluriness in those photos is due to the sim, not the tiles. They just took the shot before all the tiles were drawn, that's all. I have South Jersey (read my post above) and was happy with the resolution, but not the coloring (mostly blue/green). The price is certainly right, but not enough for me to buy the rest of the state based on previous experience.

Dain Arns
January 27th, 2010, 15:25
Boy, I would like to finish out my home state of New Jersey. I purchased all of South Jersey where I'm from originally, but it was disappointing. The tiles were of very poor color quality with no contrast at all. It was cool seeing all the places I grew up and had been over the years but the overall effect was less than I had hoped for. Even at the current price, unless they've made some major changes in coloration, it isn't worth spending the money I'm afraid.

I personally liked photoscenery when it first became available, was it FS2000 or FS98?
But more and more I agree, that photoscenery in general for me, just doesn't have the resolution anymore for FSX to make it.
I seem to enjoy it less and less.

I do like what Mr. Womack started, and what you have been doing with airfields, and towns.
A little dash of photoscenery in right areas adds the proper amount of 'character'. Adds to the immersion, for lack of a better term.

The only exceptions I make is Hawaii, I like the photosceneries for that, and desert areas.
I do enjoy the MegaScenery Las Vegas addon still.
FSX even with GEX and landclasses just doesn't seem to capture deserts, right.

But I love the freeware OZx Grand Canyon and Death Valley photoscenery areas, a lot.
Also Blue Sky Scenery's freeware Canyonlands, that I'm still downloading tiles for.
It's just nice to see the variation of colors in the desert.

limjack
January 27th, 2010, 18:43
I love the megaSceney products, especially when flying the tubeliners. Just looking out the window makes you feel like you are right there. Until something comes along that is better I will be collecting their product at least for my local area (can't afford the rest of the world and I do not have enough disk space..lol).

Jim

Old Crow
January 28th, 2010, 00:00
I have most of their scenery and love it with some sad exceptions.
Be aware that their Support Forums are missing and have been for some time.
They rarely replied to questions, with any useful information anyway.
They just seem interested in our money and not our pleasure. :173go1:

falcon409
January 28th, 2010, 04:05
I took a flight in the Mirage_2000 last night from McGuire AFB to Seymour Johnson AFB and took this shot as I was passing over the Jersey landscape. This difference in coloration, despite what the screens on their site show, is why I am hesitant to purchase anything else from them.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g84/ejwells409/FSX_Spring15Jan272312.jpg

limjack
January 28th, 2010, 07:53
Ouch, I see your point falcon. It realy looks washed out. I would be hesitant as well. I took three shot in the Seattle area this morning and the third shot shows the deviding line like yours.
As far as the customer service I wrote an e-mail in to them regarding problems downloading some of the scenery and they responded by the next day. Of course it is nothing like the help we get here at the outhouse where you have the answer in almost 5 min. after you post the issue but they were going to take care of me.

Jim

NoNewMessages
January 28th, 2010, 08:53
... as I was passing over the Jersey landscape.

Being from the Garden State, are you watching Jersey Shores on MTV????

There's some high-res source out there for NJ. But you need some GIS tools and probably a couple of 2tb HDs to work through it. :kilroy:

P.S. Snooki says Hi!