PDA

View Full Version : GR4 women crew, had no idea

Seaking055
January 26th, 2010, 16:51
Well good for the them in keeping our troops safe over there

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1246237/Shock-awe-Female-RAF-Top-Gun-pilot-tells-beat-Taliban-deafening-noise-instead-bombs.html

Railrunner130
January 26th, 2010, 17:53
While deployed in 2003, I came across a British female Tornado back-seater. She was smoking hot, short and blonde. She'd get caught up talking to someone on her way to/from the showers in her towel and be there for an hour or so. Wow!!

calypsos
January 27th, 2010, 00:17
The RAF has had female aircrew since 1966, although until the 1990s, these were all air loadmasters. these fast jet ladies have been around almost 20 years now, the early ones are now quite high up the rank structure.

Lewis-A2A
January 27th, 2010, 00:26
the new tactic will have to be changed soon then, what with it now being in the press *slaps head*

Quixoticish
January 27th, 2010, 00:40
What's with the clown make-up in pictures 1 and 2?

SkippyBing
January 27th, 2010, 00:43
the new tactic will have to be changed soon then, what with it now being in the press *slaps head*

To be honest the Taliban are smart enough to have figured that one out without reading the Mail, it's not up their with von Clausewitz for tactical genius.

MCDesigns
January 27th, 2010, 01:13
What's with the clown make-up in pictures 1 and 2?

Hmm, don't see any clown makeup.

peter12213
January 27th, 2010, 04:04
Yeah I thought they looked cool and I've give anything to be doing what they are!

falcon409
January 27th, 2010, 04:19
To be honest the Taliban are smart enough to have figured that one out without reading the Mail, it's not up their with von Clausewitz for tactical genius.
Yea, that's not exactly a "new" tactic, as they make it sound in the article (after all, what does the press know). When we were enforcing the "no-fly_ zone" over Bosnia while we were deployed to Aviano AB in Italy. . .our pilots used that same tactic all the time. They couldn't fire on ground troops, but that didn't mean that couldn't try to "get their attention" in other ways. They said it was pretty effective too, lol.

Matt Wynn
January 27th, 2010, 06:32
nice looking lass, although i would rather be on the ground than giving the Taliban/Al-Qaeda an airshow, nothing says get out of my way like a nice assault from coalition forces :icon_lol:

but saying that... next time 31 are in town i'm going to see if i can divert and pay a visit :icon_lol:

centuryseries
January 27th, 2010, 10:31

If they're smart enough to hack into UAV transmissions, then they're smart enough to have worked that one out already.

Anyhow, if doesn't matter if they have worked it out, because they don't know whether you'll drop bombs on them or not, and if they saw a Tornado bearing down on them they'd probably duck at the least!!

Th Americans have used the 'awe' tactic for years too. I read they utilised B-1Bs and some other types to 'scare' people!

Shylock
January 28th, 2010, 02:19
In my country Flt Lt Fleming is a hottie :jump::salute: the other one, not so much. In my best Borat voice

cajj1
January 28th, 2010, 04:48
On the subject of women combat pilots I'll be interested to read this (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dressed-Kill-Charlotte-Madison/dp/0755319605/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1264686304&sr=8-1) when it's released.

Captain Charlotte Madison is a typical 26 year old woman. She looks forward to her weekly instalment of gossip magazines, worries she is developing bingo wings and is planning her fairytale wedding. She also flies Apache gunships for a living.

Britain’s first ever female Apache pilot, Charlotte knows exactly what it’s like to fight on the frontline in the Army’s deadliest machine. During the daring Jugroom Fort rescue, Charlotte became the first British pilot since WWII to use all her ammunition in one mission.

cheezyflier
January 28th, 2010, 06:33
what are bingo wings?

SkippyBing
January 28th, 2010, 06:56
Folds of flab found on the arms of older ladies, when raising their arms to say 'Bingo' they look like wings, kind of. A constant source of concern to some females I know...

Lewis-A2A
January 28th, 2010, 07:09
...bit of a pun as well since bingo was the 'out of ammo' banter for the RAF :ernae:

cajj1
January 28th, 2010, 07:16
I thought Bingo was about fuel - minimum amount needed for safe return to base.

Winchester is the term for out of ammo...

:ernae:

kilo delta
January 28th, 2010, 07:32
Winchester is the term for out of ammo...

:ernae:

Yep....I remember that term well from my Falcon 4.0 days! :icon_lol:

IanP
January 28th, 2010, 07:53
Yup. Bingo (and Joker) are definitely fuel usage terms. Bingo is the point at which you'll be just hitting your reserve as you land at base, barring problems. I've never quite worked out what "Joker" fuel was... Anyone care to enlighten me?

I believe Winchester is an American code, though, not RAF (although our lot may have adopted it too).

SkippyBing
January 28th, 2010, 07:55
From memory, Joker is an agreed amount above Bingo. That way they'd be a bit of warning before the formation had to return to base!

Bjoern
January 28th, 2010, 08:58
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1246237/Shock-awe-Female-RAF-Top-Gun-pilot-tells-beat-Taliban-deafening-noise-instead-bombs.html

Oh là là... :cool:

centuryseries
January 28th, 2010, 09:34
"Charlotte became the first British pilot since WWII to use all her ammunition in one mission."

I know many women like that - in their cases ammunition is money and mission is a trip to the shops. :icon_lol:

IanP
January 28th, 2010, 10:10
Mee-ow! :icon_lol:

It's also worth knowing that the current Miss England (after a bit of a farce involving the person who was to be Miss England) is also a serving squaddie.

http://www.missenglandwinner.com/2009/

Matt Wynn
January 28th, 2010, 10:20
see not all of us squaddies are ugly mugs :icon_lol: she's not a bad Paperclip commando! :salute:

MCDesigns
January 28th, 2010, 10:41
Mee-ow! :icon_lol:

It's also worth knowing that the current Miss England (after a bit of a farce involving the person who was to be Miss England) is also a serving squaddie.

http://www.missenglandwinner.com/2009/

Nice, killer face! After seeing the swimsuit shots and reading her profile, I doubt her hips are a 30 though, LOL.

IanP
January 28th, 2010, 10:42
As I just said to Mrs. P - "Oh. She's AGC. She could at least have been something useful like Really Large Corps or RAMC. The AGC is where they chuck all the people they didn't know what else to do with."

Not that I can talk. I was REME... Yes, I did get the joke about getting from REMF to REME by adding yet another line. :salute::sleep::icon_lol:

Matt Wynn
January 28th, 2010, 11:13
or she could be really useful and be a 'Paras plaything' :icon_lol:

personal bias of course there, never knew you were one of theose who Ruined Everything Mechanical Eventually Ian...

MudMarine
January 28th, 2010, 11:28
Sorry, but if you're flying over the heads of the enemy they NEED a few 500 lb'rs! Brave pilot, I hope she is rewarded!

IanP
January 28th, 2010, 12:59
personal bias of course there, never knew you were one of theose who Ruined Everything Mechanical Eventually Ian...

I was sort of a ME, more than REME, as I managed to get my back wrecked on a rifle range at Pirbright and never finished trade training before having to limp back out the gates holding a medical discharge.

But yeah, I kind of have to agree with Mud that having things that go bang slung underneath when overflying enemy positions is definitely preferable to being without. We seem to be doing a "softly, softly" routine again now, though, according to press releases - at least being buzzed will count as "non-lethal force" for the political types to try and get a bit of credibility.

...now if would be nice if they were credible. Unfortunately I suspect their politicians are worryingly similar to ours.

Bjoern
January 29th, 2010, 09:26
or she could be really useful and be a 'Paras plaything' :icon_lol:

Ooooo, be careful with that!

I met a female german para a while ago who was slammin' hot, but could kick just about every arse around.

VaporZ
February 21st, 2010, 00:57
By the way

Britain :

Current Red Arrows "Red 3" Flt Lieutnant Kirsty Moore is also a QFI Tornado GR.4 pilot
and her father was a Tornado GR.1 navigator.

On Tornados, "Red 3" have flown missions over Iraq but not over Afghanistan.

Lets say her rurrent "Red 3" callsign is appropriate !!!

http://www.raf.mod.uk/reds/behindthescenes/red3.cfm

http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/unusual-attitude/Red%20Arrows%20Kirsty%20Moore.jpg

France :

Current Patrouille De France LEADER is Commandant Virginie Guyot, 33 yo
an operational Mirage F-1CR pilot.

http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/unusual-attitude/Patrouille%20de%20France%20Virginie%20Guyot.jpg

VaporZ