PDA

View Full Version : Help me buy a new computer, Please

10lrrp
January 26th, 2010, 14:03
My 9 year old Ailenware fx-56 is getting old
i have a $2500 budget

must be an off the shelf computer
FSX is the reason for the computer so i want to buy the most frames and best scenery machine.

buget does not include a monitor

Thanks Andy

djscoo
January 26th, 2010, 15:27
Are you 1000% positive you don't want to build it yourself?

harleyman
January 26th, 2010, 15:58
Long Island I see... welcome to SOH....

Why Off The Shelf?

I can build a great FSX machine for way less than that...

I ship across the USA coast to coast..

I'm in North Carolina and you are in NY I see.

Thats what i do for a living....

If intrested contact me here or my E-mail in my account.

Off the shelf will typically have a weaker PSU Slower MoBo and Ram and a lower end Graphics card also (as in a 128 bit ) that looks good on paper but is not.

Plus mine will blow the doors of that Alienware/Dell by product....

scoutII
January 26th, 2010, 16:35
I agree TOTALLY with Harleyman - Built mine for $2200 -/monitor and all the parts end in the word EXTREME !! I'm just starting to push the O.C. 4.0G envelope - Up to 4.2 now and no problems.
He has written past posts for some nice set-ups that will run FSX nice and still have some $ching$ in the pocket.

N2056
January 26th, 2010, 16:51
I am a big fan of Harleyman's talent. While he did not build my rig (I have that ability), he did help me with buying parts that would play well together in FSX. He's got skills :ernae:
At the time of the build the parts totaled around $600 with shipping. Several months later I am still very happy with my rig.

jmig
January 26th, 2010, 17:16
Harley, helped me OC my computer. It now screams.

Pssss *whispers in 10lrrp's ear* If you neogiate with him, I bet you can talk him to overclocking your new rig as part of the sale. Don't tell him I told you, though.

Seaking055
January 26th, 2010, 17:24
My 9 year old Ailenware fx-56 is getting old
i have a $2500 budget

must be an off the shelf computer
FSX is the reason for the computer so i want to buy the most frames and best scenery machine.

buget does not include a monitor

Thanks Andy

Big time pal, go with HM and have it built, you won't regret it and it's so much cheaper. No need to buy "off the shelf" with all that addon stuff you don't need.

Let us know what you end up with, this will be interesting, you have a decent budget.

harleyman
January 26th, 2010, 17:28
welll shucks ...Thanks for all the votes of confiedence guys.i am....speechless.

yea..he has a great budget for FSX...More than needed

Crusader
January 27th, 2010, 01:07
Harleyman built my PC last (?) Sept 09 and it has run flawlessly ever since . Gigabyte board ,Intel Quad Q9650 3.0 G , O'C to 3.6 , 4 G's DDR3 (1600) , ATI 4890 Graphics (1 G) .Operating System is Win 7 64bit . It handles anything that I throw at it(FSX) so far . He helped me out well after I had this PC on an old PC I was trying to rejuvenate and taught me quite a bit about how they are put together . Quite a talent and the bottom line is his excellent service . He will just build it to what ever your particular needs are . I am in Ohio so shipping wasn't a problem . Another great benefit was I acquired a very good friend in the process . Thanks Mason .

Richhttp://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon14.gif

I might add , one of the big advantages to having one built vs store(Off the shelf) as mentioned above is that it doesn't have all the "bloatware" crap you normally have which makes for a much smoother operation . IMO

harleyman
January 27th, 2010, 01:31
Hi Rich...Thanks for the kind words...

So is your son now using the old Dell(?) ?

That set up of yours is about as perfect as it gets for FSX..

You can go i7 or i5 now for about the same money, but unless you play other games I see no real advantage other that running true DDR3 mem....Triple channel.

Crusader
January 27th, 2010, 01:50
Hi Rich...Thanks for the kind words...

So is your son now using the old Dell(?) ?

That set up of yours is about as perfect as it gets for FSX..

You can go i7 or i5 now for about the same money, but unless you play other games I see no real advantage other that running true DDR3 mem....Triple channel.

Hi Mason , what the heck are you doing up this time of morning ? I thought it was reserved for us "Old retired geezers" that lurk around all hours of the night and early morning .:icon_lol: Yes , my son is using the old Dell . I stuck a new PSU in , , vid card and another gig of ram . It's a Dell 8400 P-4 with XP (3.4). He really only uses it for the net(he is not a PC gamer) If the HD ever gives out I might just throw in a new one cause actually it runs pretty smooth . It's great what he uses it for . It came with a Dell 19" LCD that puts out a fairly good picture .

Talk to you later ,

Rich

10lrrp
January 27th, 2010, 08:41
Long Island I see... welcome to SOH....

Why Off The Shelf?

I can build a great FSX machine for way less than that...

I ship across the USA coast to coast..

I'm in North Carolina and you are in NY I see.

Thats what i do for a living....

If intrested contact me here or my E-mail in my account.

Off the shelf will typically have a weaker PSU Slower MoBo and Ram and a lower end Graphics card also (as in a 128 bit ) that looks good on paper but is not.

Plus mine will blow the doors of that Alienware/Dell by product....
Please send me your E-mail, when i said off the shelf i just did not want to build it myself
Andy

Dangerousdave26
January 27th, 2010, 08:54
Andy for your own good remove your email address from your post.

Spam Bots search the net for email addresses so they can spam them.

Exchange that info with Harleyman via PM

He will fix you up right

Ickie
January 27th, 2010, 08:58
I have always built my own rigg, Butt......
I had this company build my computer last year and it was awesome and still is, I'd buy from than again.
2 months ago I had a fan go out and they sent me a new fan asap no questions asked.

here is the maching I got $2000 without monitor
http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Gamer_Xtreme_XI/

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/images/cs/spedo/01_400.jpg

Snuffy
January 27th, 2010, 09:18
LOOK HERE -------------> http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/category/category_tlc.asp?CatId=31&name=Barebone-Kits