PDA

View Full Version : i don't believe it

cheezyflier
January 26th, 2010, 09:37
today i got a newsletter from flightsim.com.
in it they list the top 20 add-ons for flight sim of 2009.
they list 3 offerings from carenado and snubbed lionheart's kodiak.
i think it's retarded and i sent them a letter telling them so, albeit more politely. the rest of us should do the same and stand up for quality and value instead of mirrored textures and the same boring vc everytime.

see for yourself:
http://www.flightsim.com/main/notams09/top1231.htm

Holger Sandmann
January 26th, 2010, 09:40
Hi there,

I'm pretty sure that list is just the top 10 of their own shop (and meant to generate more sales) so it's no surprise that the entries are limted.

Cheers, Holger

Lewis-A2A
January 26th, 2010, 09:44
Yep that is top sold at there shop from the looks of it. Hence the 'your top of '09' comment.

6297J
January 26th, 2010, 09:52
I think there are some very obvious ommisions from there which would make me suspicious of how the data was compiled too. Looking at the list surely some of them were released prior to 2009 anyway so they must be talking about the 20 top sellers.

Lionheart
January 26th, 2010, 10:11
This is true.

I do not sell my work at FlightSim.

It would be hard to be a top seller there without selling anything. :d

Thanks for the kind words CF. :ernae:

Henry
January 26th, 2010, 10:28
we could contact the IRS
and see who's selling the most:icon_lol:
that is if everyones filing
:running:
LOL
H

6297J
January 26th, 2010, 10:36
we could contact the IRS
LOL
H

HMRC wrote to and questioned my dad after he sold a few turned wooden bowls in the local library for three years in a row so I bet they pass through places like this from time to time and take very careful notes!

Bomber_12th
January 26th, 2010, 13:08
we could contact the IRS
LOL
H

Now that would be interesting, wouldn't it. ;)
(And some question why certain companies have to charge more than others)

cheezyflier
January 26th, 2010, 13:26
that's pretty much what they told me in the reply email i just got. i guess i misunderstood. but now that i do, (understand) all i can say is, boy are they missing out :icon_lol:

Daube
January 26th, 2010, 13:32
Cheezyflier, are you sure that Lionheart's addons really desserve to be in a list where an Abacus product takes the third place ?
:bump:

fsafranek
January 26th, 2010, 19:48
Cheezyflier, are you sure that Lionheart's addons really desserve to be in a list where an Abacus product takes the third place ?
:bump:

Position on those lists is all based on quantity sold (or profits) and not necessarily quality.
If Lionheart was raking in as much as Abacus does I don't think he would mind at all. :icon_lol:
:ernae:

DaveQ
January 27th, 2010, 00:12
It's interesting that the A2A P-51D makes 18th slot, despite its age. While I recognise the enduring appeal of the Mustang and the excellent value for money of A2A's rendition, I think this is one case (perhaps because of Bomber_12ths brilliant paint kit) where the enormous number of great repaints by Jankees and others, have uniquely served to advertise and promote the product. Just a thought.

DaveQ

2Low
January 27th, 2010, 04:17
... I think this is one case (perhaps because of Bomber_12ths brilliant paint kit) where the enormous number of great repaints by Jankees and others, have uniquely served to advertise and promote the product. Just a thought.

DaveQ

The high res update plus Jankees and your paints sold me. I had considered it before but that's what sealed the deal.

I just purchased the Standard Flight Replicas Cub package due to Gajit's paints. I already had the Extreme and IFR Amphibian packages and was going to stop there but the paints availible for the Standard Package broke down my resistance.

Yup, shiny new paint jobs can and do sell planes.

Lewis-A2A
January 27th, 2010, 04:24
Yep paint jobs, get the juices going as no matter what systems you put in and on a broader scale what AI your engine has or how good the gameplay is, Eye candy sells! :ernae:

In fact only last night on a support mail I once again found myself reocmmending simouthouse and the names Jankees and DaveQ for top quality repaints and good FSX Community.

ryanbatc
January 27th, 2010, 13:09
Why the disrespect for FS.com? - it's the first site I used for flight sim

I've seen this on every other flight sim store.... the "top sellers"

It just means what products sell the most, doesn't mean that a product is the best