PDA

View Full Version : Internet's top 10 passwords ...

Snuffy
January 26th, 2010, 09:23
If you use any of the following 10 passwords, chances are you've just been compromised.

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/01/26/common-internet-passwords/?test=latestnews

Henry
January 26th, 2010, 10:07
imagination is a wonderful thing:isadizzy:
LOL
H

RyanJames170
January 26th, 2010, 10:11
LOL
H

no crap lol those are the lamest passwords i have ever seen

kilo delta
January 26th, 2010, 11:22
phew....QWERTY isn't in that list :)

ooops! :kilroy:

:bump:

GT182
January 26th, 2010, 11:47
phew....QWERTY isn't in that list :)

ooops! :kilroy:

:bump:

Yeah, now you be scrod. :bump:

lifejogger
January 26th, 2010, 12:30
LOL
H

I guess I have no imagination because if never thought of using those passwords. :isadizzy:

OBIO
January 26th, 2010, 12:52
There is one great benefit to being dyslexic....it makes my passwords so much harder to hack. I think of a password and when I type it, it is backwards...not many hackers out there who are dyslexic.

OBIO

jmig
January 26th, 2010, 14:54
I love number 4. Easy for me to remember. These days that is getting harder and harder.

I tried to pre-register for the latest government rip off of the working class, something called a Transportation Workers Identity Card (TWIC). The password required me to use caps, numbers, &^%$ type characters. I only remember using the F word as part of it. A month later, I couldn't get into the site. I couldn't remember the damn password.

I finally had to go down the to office and register in person.

Moparmike
January 26th, 2010, 14:58
I tried to pre-register for the latest government rip off of the working class, something called a Transportation Workers Identity Card (TWIC). The password required me to use caps, numbers, &^%$ type characters. I only remember using the F word as part of it. A month later, I couldn't get into the site. I couldn't remember the damn password.

I've probably used that same password! LOL
Would be no problem for me to remember though...it's the same phrase that I call most government offices (sometimes in person!)

Snuffy
January 26th, 2010, 18:26
no crap lol those are the lamest passwords i have ever seen

The article didn't say they were the smartest, just the most often used. :173go1:

TARPSBird
January 26th, 2010, 19:25
Those of us who have had responsibility for numerous safe combinations can come up with all kinds of strange number sequences: dates of naval battles, aircraft serials, geo coordinates, old addresses, backward birth dates, etc. If you can't come up with something more creative than those 10 lame passwords you deserve to be hacked. :icon_lol:

N2056
January 26th, 2010, 19:32
At work I have to juggle 3 passwords, and they have to be at least 14 characters, and include a capital letter, lower case letter, number, and special character. They have to be changed every 60 days :isadizzy:

strikehawk
January 27th, 2010, 16:22
To quote Dark Helmet in Space Balls,
"12345?, that's the combination an idiot uses on his briefcase!"

demorier
January 28th, 2010, 02:45
Thanks for the reminder. Got a tech guy to set up a new modem for me the other day and used pretty close to one of those passwords just as an initial set up thing. Saw this post and just had to change it.

Cazzie
January 28th, 2010, 02:58
LOL, one or two of those may belong to my wife! She hates passwords, just one of her things, she has no memory whatsoever (unless it is something I did to FU). She can't even give a pet a complicated name, alway 3 to 4 letter names only.

Me, I only use one password for everything, one from my childhood that probably only two other people in the world know about. I shall never forget it, it shall go to my grave.

Caz