PDA

View Full Version : NAS Fort Worth

falcon409
January 25th, 2010, 21:23
I will be posting anything scenery related to this forum, rather than the main forum from now on. The first project (revisited) is NAS Fort Worth, where I spent 11 years. I had this working once before and ran into several problems and dumped it. Considering my close connection to the base, this one is hard to let go of, so I'm taking another stab at it.

I've been able to grab a better satellite image as you can see by the comparison shots from the EOR. I've also taken shots around the perimeter to give you an idea of the scope of the scenery. There are a lot of buildings on that base and part of the original problem was that I was trying to replace every building. . .which, as you can imagine, is just nuts. The frame hit was beginning to take a toll on it and I stopped.

This time around, I'm going to let the eye fill in what isn't there and concentrate just on the operational areas of the flightline, basically the parts you'd see as you taxi. Lockheed/Martin will remain as I have it, but it's also a separate bgl, if things get too intensive for you, just pull that bgl and see if it makes a difference. Several other areas will be done the same way.

This is really one of those sceneries that begs for custom buildings as the hangars and shops are of a unique color and style. . .too bad, beg away, lol, lol, but I don't do custom buildings, so everything will either be default FSX objects or scenery object libraries that you can download from the various websites.

This will be my focus now for the foreseeable future. I've gotten bogged down with other things I've been working on and have decided to purge anything I haven't already finished or am close to finishing (1 airport). No more requests or small dirt airports, the satellite imagery has gotten almost unusable and that has been a great frustration for me, so I'm done with that for now.

It's time to settle in on Carswell and do the best job I can to get this finished and released.

This is a link to the images I wanted to post here:

http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g84/ejwells409/

Looks like, with the maintenance going on to upgrade the servers, posting images isn't going to work right now. Anyway, take a look at the images and hopefully when I have more to post, the new servers will humming along.:salute:

That's pretty weird> these two images were two of the 5 I tried to post using the "manage attachments" tool. They wouldn't load, kept getting a data error all the time, so I closed the thread out and went on my way. . .now I come back and two of the five have decided to show up, lol. Oh well. . .these do show the difference between the original image I was using and the one I captured this evening. . .better color and resolution I think. You can still see the others via the link.

thetford569
February 26th, 2010, 15:56
hey Falcon! Just found this thread and wanted to say thanks for doing NAS Ft. Worth. I have recently gotten into scenery design and was looking into doing NAS Ft. Worth sometime myself. Like you I am not yet able to do custom buildings but I must say what you've posted so far looks outstanding! Anyway I just wanted to say thanks and also if you need any assistance with current info let me know. I photograph out there all the time and listen to the aircraft on a regular basis so I'm up with the current layout and activities of the base. I don't know if you are around the area or not so if I can help in any way let me know. Thanks again!

Brandon Thetford

ST0RM
February 17th, 2014, 14:31
Bump. Any progress or updates?