PDA

View Full Version : X3TC Program Mishap!

Lionheart
January 25th, 2010, 17:00
Well, I did it. Somehow, in trying to install a ship, I deleted all of my VC's... I decided to redownload the package and that seemed to do it.

Amazingly, yesterday, I had copied X3 to my backup drive as a precautionary. Tonight, I just copied it back in again and it started right up, lol.. But the VC's were still not showing for some odd reason.

By the way, the VC addon package was updated with some neat enhancements and refinements. Not drastic, but some nice improvements here and there. You might wish to update yours.

If I am correct, when installing new CAT/DAT files, you rename them to the next up number series set, then start X3, save, then reboot and start again. They should then be in place.

I tried downloading a Stargate F-302 for X3, but it didnt show up and I had lost my VC's as well. So you might be careful on ship addons.

Bill

Chacha
January 25th, 2010, 17:12
I have not added the VC yet!

I think it is really cool to have that feature on the ships...

I will when my load of work and errands are lessen so I have more time on Xuniverse! :running:

GT182
January 25th, 2010, 18:06
Dam, sorry to hear that Bill. Hope you get it sorted out and all will be ok.

And you are correct on the Cat/Dat files installation.

Lionheart
January 25th, 2010, 21:23
Hey Gary,

Its all sorted. I got the F-302 installed afterall. I was reading through the posts and found that the newest XUniverse Mod Manager Lite handles X3R ships being installed into X3TC, so this time, it converted with no problems.

I now have one nice, sweet, shiny new F-302 Stargate Command fighter spacecraft in X3. :d

Eli,

Sorry you dont have VC's yet. They are pretty cool. Simply drop the two DAT/CAT files into the main folder in X3, then rename them to the next highest up, such as 09.DAT, 09.CAT. Restart, and save, restart again, and Voila.

The new Cockpits are nicer. Less windshield glare also.

Have fun babysitting and relax. Time flies.....

Bill