PDA

View Full Version : USS Ronald Reagan update

michael davies
November 3rd, 2008, 16:00
Just in case Y'all thought I'd dropped off the planet LOL, some WIPs of CVN-76, slow but steadily plodding along, currently well within projected poly limits thus far.

Hopefully I'll get the aircraft crane and bridge windows fleshed out tomorrow, then onto more railings :banghead:.

Couple of Max renders and an enviromental render for grins.

Best

Michael

N2056
November 3rd, 2008, 16:09
Wow! Looks great so far :ernae:
I have been on the Reagan...doing work down in the propulsion plant areas :d

MCDesigns
November 3rd, 2008, 16:20
Wow, looking good Michael! :applause:

Bone
November 3rd, 2008, 16:31
Can hardly wait for it to be finished.

wilycoyote4
November 3rd, 2008, 19:41
:ernae: thanks for giving an update, puts a spring in my step, hope work continues smoothly

tigisfat
November 3rd, 2008, 22:29
That is absolutely awesome. Right now the default one looks dead!! Take your time, the world needs a good MSFS carrier, and if we only get one, I want to buy it when it's right!!

tigisfat
November 3rd, 2008, 22:32
Wow! Looks great so far :ernae:
I have been on the Reagan...doing work down in the propulsion plant areas :d

Oh, it's just a steamer. How complicated can it be? :icon_lol:

Nick C
November 4th, 2008, 00:35
Looking great Michael. :applause:

michael davies
November 4th, 2008, 00:41
Oh, it's just a steamer. How complicated can it be? :icon_lol:

Technically not very, take one big kettle ( Nuke reactor ) to make steam and blow that steam at a big windmill ( turbine ) attached to the prop shaft :mixedsmi:.

Best

Michael

JT8D-9A
November 4th, 2008, 02:58
Excellentastic!:d:applause: Real looking Carriers are really needed!

Navy Chief
November 4th, 2008, 05:21
Outstanding, Michael!

One small observation from an old Chief, don't make the flight deck look too clean! Otherwise, Flight Deck Scrubdowns wouldn't be needed, and THAT would not be good!

Heh, heh.

NC

MudMarine
November 4th, 2008, 05:27
Chief: Don't forget the old standard......FOD walk downs!!:d

jdhaenens
November 4th, 2008, 05:58
Looking Good Michael!

wildcat400
November 4th, 2008, 07:08
One small observation from an old Chief, don't make the flight deck look too clean! Otherwise, Flight Deck Scrubdowns wouldn't be needed, and THAT would not be good!

Trust me, we can do without the scrubex's. :costumes:

Navy Chief
November 4th, 2008, 08:38
Ok, no problem. But leave the deck dirty as it always is! You know, tire marks, etc.....

NC

michael davies
November 4th, 2008, 14:37
Ok, no problem. But leave the deck dirty as it always is! You know, tire marks, etc.....

NC

Don't worry, I'll leave a bit of dirt for y'all to scrub up as and when you feel the need LOL.

Didn't get the crane done, all day on the windows, silly really, theres not that many of them, but there all funny angles and a bear to get looking just right.

Did another render scene for fun, really need to work out a nice top down water texture for some aerial renders, rather than loads of water level ones.

big picture here http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mickoo/Images%20Ships/CVN76_15.jpg

Best

Michael

Navy Chief
November 4th, 2008, 16:53
Is the Reagan going to be for scenery? Thanks.

NC

Lionheart
November 4th, 2008, 18:39
Awesome work Michael! A huge undertaking. I can hardly wait to see it finished with some paint on it and some fighters on the deck.

:ernae: :applause: :ernae:

Bill

EgoR64
November 4th, 2008, 18:54
:applause::ernae::applause:

Very Nice !!

michael davies
November 4th, 2008, 22:43
Is the Reagan going to be for scenery? Thanks.

NC

For FSx, its going to be a moving landable carrier with cat and trap facilities, there will also be a 1st person driveable one with camera views at the bridge, fan tail, LSO and cat launch areas so you can watch your friends cat and trap in multiplayer ( thats the theory anyway LOL ).

Best

Michael

limjack
November 5th, 2008, 05:44
Very exciting Michael!:applause:

Jim