PDA

View Full Version : This thing looks cool; TS with 8 ship capacity

Lionheart
January 25th, 2010, 04:53
Hey all,

This is pretty cool looking. A modern Terran ship carrier that holds 8 small ships, such as 8 fighters. Not quite ready for download.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=269847

It holds the ships vertically, like they are on racks. Very wild.

Bill

GT182
January 25th, 2010, 06:04
That is beautiful Bill, thanks for the link. I hope his answers to my 2 questions are positive. ;)

Marlin
January 28th, 2010, 05:38
How about somebody making that ship that is called the Normandy SR1 from Mass Effect or the new bigger ship of the Normandy SR2 from Mass Effect 2?

Talk about a kick ass machine, very very cool!

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/masseffect/images/e/e1/Normandy_Render.png

SR2

Video tour of the SR2 http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14235013/mass-effect-2/videos/me2_spc_ship_012010.html

It's a whole 1:40 long :mixedsmi:

GT182
January 28th, 2010, 06:02
Now that looks sweet..... "Beam me up Scotty!" Sure is a big mutha. But, I've got a sneaky feeling it'll only be for XBox 360... no PC.

Marlin
January 28th, 2010, 06:33
PC too.

Make sure to watch that short vid from IGN.com as the SR2 isn't the same as the picture above. There are also a bunch of reviews and whatnot. By the way it got a 9.6 from them guys, that really is pretty incredible; but back on topic.

The Normandy is only a 4 level (decks) machine, so that would be around the corvette class maybe? A stock cloaking device is a must :icon_lol:

EDIT:
Here is the link to buy online Mass Effect 2. http://www.direct2drive.com/9010/product/Buy-Mass-Effect-2-Download $50.00
This game is nothing like X3TC. It is a 'on the rail' kind of game, not open ended like X3TC; go where you want and do what you want to do whenever you want to do it.

Lionheart
January 28th, 2010, 11:05
Pretty wild looking ship!

Thanks for posting that.

Bill

GT182
January 29th, 2010, 05:11
Bill, check out what Cadius has done now... pretty amazing.

Lionheart
January 29th, 2010, 13:27
Thats cool. A capital ship refueling vessel, complete with docking arms. That guy is good.

Bill

Lionheart
January 29th, 2010, 13:28
Did you hear all the guys go on about how they hate everything... Change the name, why this? why that? Why dont you do this, or that... How about that one ship, looks like a letter! Man... What negativism...

That one kid that was doing the Star Trek full version package on TC or R quit... They kept going on about how he should do this, cant do that, etc.. He quit! Even Egosoft started to try to get him motivated again on it, and he is just burned out from all the negative remarks... I think the critics filled with advice and bad remarks realised they killed him off on their own gaming possibilities.....

GT182
January 29th, 2010, 15:44
That a shame, can't say as I blame him. Now let them DO it.... if they can. :173go1:

Marlin
January 30th, 2010, 00:59
Rivet counters for SPACESHIPS? Dang I thought that you modelers of the real stuff had it bad.:icon_lol:

GT182
January 30th, 2010, 05:01
I've just grabbed Cadius' ship pack download..... it's for Reunion. Gotta check with him and see if it can somehow be used in TC.

IanP
January 30th, 2010, 05:31
I'd love to see the Normandy (the first SR1) done for X3. Unfortunately Mass Effect is an EA game, so there'd be copyright problems galore.

I'm currently running through Mass Effect again as quickly as possible to build up a character before I think about buying ME2, but got distracted by Dragon Age Origins and even got around to reinstalling FSPassengers. I need to do some more X3 flying too, but was finding it really hard to find the goods that I needed to deliver for a storyline mission.

Lionheart
January 30th, 2010, 09:48
Man Ian,

You're playing like 5 games at once, lol.. How do you do it?

I guess alot of people these days go through a game like a book reader goes through a book. Burn through it 24/7 until its done, and move on. I guess thats why I like X3 and FS. You can do what you want, dont have to do the missions from the story line, no limits...

I do like COD though.. Oh man!

Chacha
January 30th, 2010, 09:59
I like that!

I like that! :applause:

I really like that! :icon_lol:

GT182
January 30th, 2010, 10:43
Well, they say it's for TC. Cadius' new pics show more amazing ships. This stuff is sweet.

aeronca1
January 30th, 2010, 14:10
Has anyone run across any funny ships? I'd love to rip around the universe in a giant Renault CV looking craft!

IanP
January 30th, 2010, 14:48
Has anyone run across any funny ships? I'd love to rip around the universe in a giant Renault CV looking craft!

But hopefully with a bit more armour than your average Citroen 2CV! :icon_lol:

:pop4:

Lionheart
January 30th, 2010, 17:01

That can be arranged. :d

I have gotten to the point where I can install ships into the package. I could export a model of something goofy and put it in the game.

I havent really found any yet though that are funny. The ship from 'Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy would be good, as well as the little pod for planetary landings.

Bill

GT182
January 30th, 2010, 18:05
Bill, how about a Firefly with speed, agility and firepower? That would be the cat's a**. And one we can find right off and not have to search for.

aeronca1
January 31st, 2010, 14:34
But hopefully with a bit more armour than your average Citroen 2CV! :icon_lol:

:pop4:

Ooops, brain F**T! Yup meant the 2CV..... Man, getting old.

IanP
February 1st, 2010, 07:37
There was a Top Gear episode a few years ago where they pulled a Citroen 2CV across behind a Virgin B747-400 at takeoff power. You might wish to see if it is on YouTube... :icon_lol:

Having said that, though, I've seen 2CVs turned into snowmobiles, boats (there's an entire race series for those!), dragsters, chicken coops, greenhouses... Please Bill, you have to make us a 2CV spaceship!!! Can you imagine seeing that carrier with eight yellow 1950s vintage plastic cars strapped to the side rather than those little Argon runaboutythingywotsits? :engel016::wiggle:

Lionheart
February 1st, 2010, 12:35
There was a Top Gear episode a few years ago where they pulled a Citroen 2CV across behind a Virgin B747-400 at takeoff power. You might wish to see if it is on YouTube... :icon_lol:

Having said that, though, I've seen 2CVs turned into snowmobiles, boats (there's an entire race series for those!), dragsters, chicken coops, greenhouses... Please Bill, you have to make us a 2CV spaceship!!! Can you imagine seeing that carrier with eight yellow 1950s vintage plastic cars strapped to the side rather than those little Argon runaboutythingywotsits? :engel016::wiggle:

LOLOLOL....

That would be hilarious.. It could be a French patrol/assault carrier... :d

I have seen that episode in YouTube. That airliner tossed that small 2CV in the air. The doors and hoods flew off like paper.. Same with the aerodynamic Ford Taurus. Pealed/ripped that hood off like cardboard..

Powerful thrust on those things. They were saying that after so many seconds they have to powerdown, as the temp and turbulance will lift up the tarmac..

Bill

GT182
February 15th, 2010, 05:21
Just looked and his ship package has been updated to v1.5. Anyone here tried them yet?

I've downloaded the package but I'm trying to figure out how to add them in without doing it as a mod. I'd like to add them in directly to the AMS Mod if possible, and not screw it up.

Lionheart
February 15th, 2010, 08:39
Hey Gary,

I havent figured that out yet either.

Too bad no one has done a proper set of tutorials on how devs can make the ships fully added on in download packages.

I gave up trying to figure it out. No one will show you how to do it all. Only bits and pieces. One guy did a huge tutorial on 'half' of the prodess of naming your vehicle in X3, but then it still has parts missing..

Crazy..

Bill

GT182
February 16th, 2010, 07:43
Mark answered my question on installing the Ship Pack by Cadius. I kind of figured it would be as he said but I wanted to make sure. Just so I didn't screw up my AMS Mod install and ruin my progress so far. ;)

Here's his answer in case you haven't checked the thread over there....

"Extract the rar file from the download into your Main TC installation folder. DONE. Select mod from splash screen at TC statup, start TC, Cheat Ships into TC, play TC, have fun.

Second, Not so easy way,
Unpack rar to folder of choice.
As Cadius releases the Ship packs as cat and dat files, you can just put them straight into your mods folder of your TC main installation folder. That is unless you already have something in there. if you don't have this folder you will have to create it first.

If you prefer or you already have something in your mods folder you can put them in as a fake patch. Simply rename them to be the highest number cat and dat and put them in the main folder.

If you go the mods folder way just make sure to select it from the splash screen in mods when you start TC.

However you do it you will have to cheat them into the game at present.

As for the file in 'scripts' (part of the download), copy paste that into the 'scripts' folder of your Main TC directory. The same goes for the one in the 't' folder, it goes in the 't' folder of your Main TC directory."

MarCon

Lionheart
February 16th, 2010, 09:39
Thanks Gary,

Awesome.

Bill

GT182
February 23rd, 2010, 14:36
New shippack update, v1.65 download...... http://www.mediafire.com/?0z4yzyhgol4

From Cadius at Egosoft.
V1.65
- Fixed issues with Falchion's guns
- Added USC M6 - Longsword
=====
V1.6
- Ships added to proper shipyards
- Fixed issues with Hiroshima's main guns
- Added Split M7 - Ocelot
- Added USC TS - Baldric Super Freighter
- Added USC M7 - Longsword Mk2
- Added USC M7 - Aomori
- Added USC M7+ - Sendai Variant A
- Added USC M7M - Sendai Variant B
- Added USC M1 - Saitama
- Models directory and name changed for better organization

I missed getting v1.6 {just to have it stored away}.

Chacha
March 7th, 2010, 20:53
I have not been here for so long,.....

You guys are good at this ...

Thanks for sharing... I will have to figure out how to's...

It will be a challenge.... :isadizzy: