PDA

View Full Version : I'm hooked!

whitehawk_2009
January 24th, 2010, 23:01
Well, after a weekend of jetting around the X-Universe I'm hooked.

I'm doing a custom start with an Argon Buster. While trying to find the North gate in Family Whi I stumbled upon a wonderful TP that's even faster than my little M4. I managed to do some high paying "very hard" transport missions (that weren't very hard at all BTW) I also made a killing transporting Swamp Plants to Bliss stations in the Teladi NW of Argon. Right now I'm sticking to the Split and Teladi areas, I'm gonna go back to the Boron space north of Argon and work there before heading back to the Argon sector. I'm a Majority Shareholder [L] with Teladi, and a Split Family Friend. I also have the Teladi security license.

What's the L in brackets for?

I've tuned the engines on both, all the way with the TP and about halfway with the M4. I upgraded the Shields as high as they will go on the M4. I also found out the hard way that the lasers need a serious upgrade after a few patrols. Now I'm looking for a pair of Phased Repeater Guns for my M4.

I've got my M4 equipped with explorer software so while I'm doing missions in my TP I can have it map other systems.:jump:

Maybe later I'll go looking for ships to appropriate in the Paranid sector South East of Argon.:tgun2:

WH

harleyman
January 25th, 2010, 02:36
My gosh man...You are leapes and bounds beyond where I have gotten...

Lionheart
January 25th, 2010, 04:34
Hey WH,

Man, you are doing awesome...

My issue when I first started was 'what can I do?', lol.. I was sort of lost at first. Exploring, then trading became the big interest.

Tuning your ships should be almost the first thing to do. They are really fast and fly sharp after you fully tune them.

Bill

GT182
January 25th, 2010, 05:49
WH, is this Vanilla TC, the TC AMD Mapping Service Mod, or another one? If we know we can help more. Maybe. ;) LOL

Like Bill says, tune your ship to the max. I recommend upgrading your weapons too to the max. And collect all the stray missles you can in that are abandoned in every sector you visit. Once on board they will be a great help in combat.

Even the very hard missions are fairly easy if you use the Combat software's Auto Attack. Second click on a target will show that in the dropdown menu. That's what I've been using to amass a small fortune. :redface: A cheat? Maybe, but it's there to use. I've had some pretty rough runins with the "enemy" and have actually eliminated some myself that the Combat software had a hard time with. Becareful tho, some targets will show as an enemy but will be friendlies. That will get you in all sorts of trouble. Has me a few times, and it can be hard to fix that. I've even lost my Argon Police License over it. I'm still trying to buy that back. You need it so you get paid for the "extra" enemy ships you eliminate on some of the missions.

If you have a Vidarsaurus in your fleet, try that out.... it's fast, powerful, and well shielded. It'll save yer tukus. I've yet to find one as manuverable, deadly, and a large cargo hold all rolled into one. Well I have but it's not as manuverable... the Saber, but it can't haul much freight. You do want to carry all the energy cell you can. You'll see why as you go along. ;)

Craig Taylor
January 25th, 2010, 12:09
Hi Whitehawk,

Be aware that the "custom start" does not have the plot lines enabled, so you might be limited somewhat - like not having access to Terran space. I seem to recall reading that somewhere, perhaps in Apricot Slice's X3 Guide.

Also, the (L) next to a ranking means that you have a law enforcement license with that particular race or corporation.

Cheers, and happy hunting!

whitehawk_2009
January 25th, 2010, 13:18
Right now, I'm running Plain Jane TC, no scrpits or mods. I hink the "very hard" rating was given due to the time limit, I didn't even see a hostile ship. Right now my trade rank is "Dealer", but my combat rank is still "Harmless" I'll be working on that:rocket:.

I'll keep an eye out for a Vidar, where would I get one?

Thanks for the heads up, Craig.

WH

Matt Wynn
January 25th, 2010, 13:34
i've just finally got hold of a Colossus, now it turns like well..... it barely turns at the moment... but i like getting into a nice even fight with the thing (by even i mean completely out gunning the enemy), Colossus has 6 turrets and 60 ship hangar, kinda nice and friendly. but with a top speed of 49, thats right 49 you have to not hope to out-run anything :icon_lol:

http://x3tc.ru/x3_img_ship/c667122b6e10sc.jpg

Lionheart
January 25th, 2010, 14:11
i've just finally got hold of a Colossus, now it turns like well..... it barely turns at the moment... but i like getting into a nice even fight with the thing (by even i mean completely out gunning the enemy), Colossus has 6 turrets and 60 ship hangar, kinda nice and friendly. but with a top speed of 49, thats right 49 you have to not hope to out-run anything :icon_lol:

LOLOL.....

A very powerful dreadnaught indeed!

:ernae:

Bill

GT182
January 25th, 2010, 14:53
WH, the Vidar is in the AMS Mapping Service mod. Sorry bud.