PDA

View Full Version : Kodiak pics in aircraft select

scoutII
January 24th, 2010, 16:13
added Bob's downloads, but some pics in the aircraft select menu show and some don't - don't remember how I fixed this before.....Chris

2Low
January 24th, 2010, 16:17
Take a screen shot of the aircraft in the sim. Name it thumbnail and save it in the folder of the aircraft you are working with.

Thoe6969
January 24th, 2010, 16:17
added Bob's downloads, but some pics in the aircraft select menu show and some don't - don't remember how I fixed this before.....Chris Do you have (show all variations)ticked.

scoutII
January 24th, 2010, 16:53
rename ###.jpeg to thumbnail.jpeg and put anywhere in aircraft folder?

Dain Arns
January 24th, 2010, 17:21
Each texture folder needs a matching "thumbnail.jpg" file for the paint job to show up in the Aircraft Select menu.

Lionheart
January 24th, 2010, 17:44
Thats odd.. All of mine show.

Can you redownload it?

I know the early versions didnt have all showing, but we repaired that.

Bill

scoutII
January 24th, 2010, 18:35
These are BBOB'S wonderful repaints(I think, of the KODIAK) - all else is good - Thanks for the re-download links - Reloading FSX on a i7 975 extreme edition, asus rampage II extreme, corsair dominator gt - 6gb ddr3 2000, noctua nh-u12p se1366, wd velociraptor 300 for FSX, 150 raptor for apps., evga gtx275 superclocked and a 950 watt ps..windows 7 pro,coolmaster HAF 932 - 99% done with reload and more tweaking to be done (To Harleyman:Up and running good at 3.75 and highest temp is 50C after running FSX w/ only a couple of slider not max'ed for 2+ hours - Still an occasional stutter(small) every once and a while - Maybe still needs some tweaking? Locked at 35 and drops to 24ish over heavy stuff,but still smooth. Still have to try heavy weather....) NOTE: All of them showed on the old XP rig - So it is something I am doing......:applause: Are the downloads still up?

mjrhealth
January 24th, 2010, 19:07
Need this

ftp://library.avsim.net/civil_flight/msfs/fsx/utilities/autothumbnail2.zip

Cheers

scoutII
January 24th, 2010, 19:25
Liking this....

scoutII
January 24th, 2010, 19:35
Can't locate that file??:isadizzy::pop4::icon29:

jmig
January 25th, 2010, 03:43
Stupid question...but...have you added them to the cfg file and, numbered them correctly?

scoutII
January 25th, 2010, 05:14
Not a stupid question - I will look into that tonight - Chris

FlameOut
January 25th, 2010, 13:08
scoutII

Bob does things a little different with his thumbnails, just place them in the main Kodiak folder or the main Kodiak_Floatplane folder and you'll be good to go.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k7/Big_Don_2006/Bobs_repaints.png

:salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

Lionheart
January 25th, 2010, 14:03
I believe that is the old version.

I redid Bob's new version (comes in an installer) and only uses half or less of those thumbnails. Robert had actually used photos of each variant (cargoplane, rescue, empty, etc), and with the thumbnails being so small, you really cant see in the windows which version, so I deleted those and linked them to all variants per paint scheme / thumbnail.

It was like wiring up a car, lol.. trying to get them to all show up properly and link to the proper paint scheme. Once they all showed up, we combined them into a installer and Voila.. The Installer has its own config file for the plane, so it rewired things for the paint scheme links. But...... If you already had repaints, you had to copy out your original config file and then copy/paste in the other Registry's for the paints you had added on.

There are so many paint packs for the Kodiak, its crazy. Getting them to all work in harmony is a chore.

Bill

scoutII
January 25th, 2010, 17:25
THANKS - FlameOut your answer did it - This rig is awesome!!! Never new there was this much detail...and smooth flying to boot(tweaked it a little so far - not the highest frame rates, but +24fps in heavy scenery, it's still smooth:ernae: + FSX/ACCEL,UTX,GEX,REX,Traffic2010,helitraffic2009(Got some busy sky's)