PDA

View Full Version : Duke Paintkit uploaded

pilottj
January 23rd, 2010, 14:51
Got the paint kit uploaded. I might take a stab at making an SF-260 kit eventually. Enjoy.

Cheers
TJ

jmig
January 24th, 2010, 06:25
Thanks for the heads up. I am sure it will be put to plenty use around here.

dougal
January 24th, 2010, 06:47
Now then boys & girls, pay attention please. Yes, you in the corner with red cap too :salute:

I wan't everyone to go get their paint pots, brushes and whatever.

This aircraft is very special and is therefore, in need of some super duper splindid schemes :jump:

Let me see if I can think of one to get you started...... Errrr.... I KNOW! G-ORA

:ernae::ernae::icon_lol:

MCDesigns
January 24th, 2010, 07:30
Thanks for the paintkit! Now I need to consider getting the aircraft, LOL.

pilottj
January 24th, 2010, 08:21
Have fun with the kit guys. I am looking foward to the schemes you will create for this great plane :) It will be uploaded to RealAir's download site eventually as well.

Here is a good paint scheme for it :) a Jamaican Defence Force paint.
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Jamaica---Air/Beech-60...-Duke/0677561/&sid=aa1659ca7418c9c5ab17d2c42b25ec7d

Cheers
TJ

dougal
January 30th, 2010, 07:57
Got the paint kit uploaded. I might take a stab at making an SF-260 kit eventually. Enjoy.

Cheers
TJ

Sorry to miss the obvious no doubt, but I can't find the paint kit.

Where is it please <ducks for cover> :kilroy:

pilottj
January 30th, 2010, 09:24
in the FSX repaints section :)

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=15720

dougal
January 30th, 2010, 09:58
in the FSX repaints section :)

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=15720

Aye, wouldn't you know it..... right under my nose.

Many thanks:ernae:

SoloWing
May 15th, 2010, 08:52
Greeting!

Rob of RealAir referred me to SimOuthouse where he says this wonderful paintkit for the Duke B60 was uploaded. Unfortunately, a manual search of the downloads area turns up nothing and the above link spits me out at my main profile page, for whatever reason. Is the paintkit still available? Many thanks.

-Dan

rsgunner
May 20th, 2010, 05:01
I must be suffering from the stupids because I sure can't find a link for the Duke paint kit.

Russ

harryrupert
July 7th, 2010, 08:32
Hi I'm having the same problem, I just got an e maol from Rob at Real air that it was here?
I have searched that link as well and just get the main page I have looked right thru FSX skins to no avail.
Anybody have an I idea as to where it might be?

Thanks

Harry

crashaz
July 7th, 2010, 09:23
I let the admins know about the issue. They will get it figured out soon enough.

For those of you new here... have a look around! :wavey:

crashaz
July 7th, 2010, 16:59
Ah we need pilottj to repost. We had to rebuild the site after an attack... much better now but the FTP links were broken.

Will drop pilottj a PM. :wavey:

pilottj
July 7th, 2010, 17:28
Hi guys,

the paint kit is in the archive section. I vaguely recall I uploaded right before the switch over.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/downloads/download.php?lloc=downloads&FileID=15720

It is not a proffessional paint kit by any means, certianly not as good as Sean's paintkit for their Spitfire, but it is just a makeshift paintkit to help sort out the panel lines and such.

Cheers
TJ

harryrupert
July 7th, 2010, 22:17
Thank you PILOTTJ,

You are a star. just downloaded it

Thank you sir!

Harry :wiggle:

crashaz
July 7th, 2010, 23:43
Thanks pilottj!! :wavey:

aregorn1
October 1st, 2010, 05:50
Thanks Pilottj,:ernae: I have been working on one for myself but I am new to repainting and couldn't figure out where to start. Now all I have to do I figure out where to go from here:isadizzy::pop4:. I have PSCS4, DXTBmp, and FS Repaint V2 (not much in the editor dept, but great for previews). would you know what would be the best way to identify each individual panel? that might help me out some.

pilottj
October 1st, 2010, 17:52
The best thing to do is to play with the layers and use the layer transparency slider, one of the layers is a texture of one of the default repaints so that should give an idea of where is what. If you want to use a different default paint scheme layout just copy a texture from another default scheme in as a layer on to the paintkit texture and then use the transparency slider to help as a guide. As far as the panel lines, the only way I could make those work reasonably well was to change the Layer style such as Overlay, lighten, darken, multiply..etc depending on what color you use for your base. Sorry I couldn't make it more of a detailed paint kit, I had to reverse engineer the default textures to get a makeshift one :) As mine is somewhat makeshift if you are learning to repaint you may want to try a plane with a really well done paint kit like the RealAir Spitfire or one of the A2A birds or Bill's birds...etc to make things easier :)

Hope this helps
TJ