PDA

View Full Version : Falcon 4 video

Zorg_DK
January 23rd, 2010, 11:28
Here's a video I made:

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lLq0Or-Sg5U&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lLq0Or-Sg5U&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Naismith
January 23rd, 2010, 22:58
Tell us your specs, I tried installing F4 with all the patches on my system (Win 7) and the aircraft were see thru.

Zorg_DK
January 24th, 2010, 06:28
Hi Naismith. I'm running Win 7 x64 on a E6600@3,4, 8800GTS 512MB, 4GB ram without any issues in Falcon 4:AF. You need to select HAL in options, not HAL T&L. There is issues with Nvidia and antialiasing but there is a fix.

MaddogK
January 24th, 2010, 07:53
Been running F4 on a P4-1800 512 sdram, ATI radion7200 ,XP sp2 machine for years without problems.
F4:AF is bit of a diff animal, I wont have that critter on my machine. Might want to give freefalcon a looksee.
http://www.freefalcon.com/

Zorg_DK
January 24th, 2010, 10:11
hi maddogk, allied force is good when it comes to multiplayer and it is quite stable. freefalcon looks a lot better though! (open falcon is the best imo)

MaddogK
January 25th, 2010, 12:33
After a couple years patching up F4 (and flying online) I was appalled when I installed AF and found that the fixed issues in F4 needed to be addressed in AF, and had to wait for them patches again for AF. I stripped a few files from my AF install and promptly deleted the rest and never looked back.

Still thinking about freefalcon but don't think my ISP would like the gig and a half of D/L files going thru my el-cheapo DSL service. I'll wait for a couple more 'stable' campaigns to come out before I commit. Korea and the Balkans are all I need for now.

Tho' OF looks quite interesting- I'm more into realism than eye candy.

Zorg_DK
January 25th, 2010, 13:36
I'll wait for a couple more 'stable' campaigns to come out before I commit. Korea and the Balkans are all I need for now.

LOL, the sim is like 12 years old, how long are you going to wait? :icon_lol:

yeah, i also think realism is more imortant to eye candy.

Naismith
January 26th, 2010, 01:00
I want to thank Zorg for posting the above, it inspired me to reinstall and get it functioning reasonably correctly. It certainly is the most immersive sim ever. Now I will restrict myself to staying within the 'pit where the views are OK. Outside the a/c are still semi transparent.
Also I thought to install Lock On & Flaming cliffs and found that tis sim flies and looks great in W7. Only issue is to upgrade the Starforce protection which is a pain. Not as immersive as F4AF but not to shabby either. They are older sims from the tail end of the golden period of PC flight sims.
Not much else on the horizon sadly.
I miss Mig Alley most of all though.

Zorg_DK
January 26th, 2010, 04:35
Glad to have helped to get you back in the saddle :) If you want to get most out of Falcon then go fly multiplayer. I fly at multiviper.com. Weird about the transparent planes... I haven't heard about that before.

I'm also thinking about getting Flaming Cliffs. It's only 15$. Would be nice with some better graphics and physics...

Yes, Falcon 4 will always be king though because of the ingenious dynamic campaign system.

MaddogK
January 26th, 2010, 07:19
LOL, the sim is like 12 years old, how long are you going to wait? :icon_lol:

yeah, i also think realism is more imortant to eye candy.

You yourself said "Yes, Falcon 4 will always be king though because of the ingenious dynamic campaign system", so why change ? Newer doesn't always mean better, tho I may have to 'update' to get back online.

Zorg_DK
January 26th, 2010, 07:54
You yourself said "Yes, Falcon 4 will always be king though because of the ingenious dynamic campaign system", so why change ? Newer doesn't always mean better, tho I may have to 'update' to get back online.

True that newer doesn't always mean better!

But I guess I want to try out different sims.