PDA

View Full Version : 357th Fighter Group AI Files

IanP
January 23rd, 2010, 08:22
Hi folks,

As per the previous discussions on the "My Bonnie" thread, I've been working on putting together some AI files for the 357th Fighter Group using the A2A WW2F P-51D (with the FSX update, obviously...)

The problem is that I have a pretty beefy computer and when I load this little lot up at 05:40 in the morning (one of the few times in the day they're all on the ground), I get a very, very stuttery 7 to 8fps overhead the airfield with most of the aircraft in view, plus some extremely long load times for textures (black patches, spikes instead of trees, etc - all the standard "FSX has run out of memory" issues).

They work on the GA slider, rather than the airliners as I said previously and I've stepped them up so some aircraft show at 1%, some at 10%, more at 25% and all of them at 35%. I've also split them down into three files, one each for the 362nd FS, 363rd FS and 364th FS.

However, if anyone has my RAF Raydon (Station 157) scenery installed and wants to try this lot, the link is below... It includes a list of all the zipfiles you'll be looking for (most, if not all, of them in the library here) to see all the aircraft.

If anyone does try it, can you post some idea of how it works for you please? There's no point at all in trying to do this sort of thing if no-one can actually use it. It's worth remembering that these airfields are all pretty close together, so if you're using P-15s at Fowlmere and Bodney already, you're trying to load well over 50 A2A P-51Ds at the same time. :isadizzy:

http://www.ianpsdarkcorner.co.uk/historical/usaaf/Traffic_S157_357thFG.zip

Installation consists of installing the 2.7 gadzillion zip files (or, you know, 33 repaints) that are listed in the enclosed text file, then dumping the three bgl files into a /scenery folder somewhere that FS can see (such as scenery/world/scenery, addon scenery/scenery or addon scenery/IJP S157/scenery for example). Uninstallation when FSX explodes in a cloud of out of memory errors consists of deleting the three BGL files and deciding whether you want to keep all the rather nice Mustang repaints or not.

Have fun. :)

jankees
January 23rd, 2010, 12:06
I humbly apologise for any inconvenience or all crashes my repaints may cause or have caused...

IanP
January 23rd, 2010, 12:30
:icon_lol::engel016::salute:

I blame Nick C and Snuffy. ;) :wavey: