PDA

View Full Version : OT?: Geekly hobbies.

jdhaenens
January 23rd, 2010, 08:00
A bit off topic. The latest Alt Text from "Wired"

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2010/01/alt-text-obscure-hobbies/#Replay

crashaz
January 23rd, 2010, 08:16
What!... we get bundled in with the VATSIM guys!?!:icon_lol:

Matt Wynn
January 23rd, 2010, 08:25
What!... we get bundled in with the VATSIM guys!?!:icon_lol:

thats unfair, VATSIM hate me anyways something to do with 100ft, a tornado GR.4 and Heathrow at rush hour.... :icon_lol:

Dangerous Beans
January 23rd, 2010, 09:14
Never mind that I want a go at the motorized chariot racing :jawdrop:

Matt Wynn
January 23rd, 2010, 09:30
Never mind that I want a go at the motorized chariot racing :jawdrop:

you and me both :icon_lol: looks a great bit of fun, i want to do lawnmower racing too :kilroy:

Bjoern
January 23rd, 2010, 09:34
thats unfair, VATSIM hate me anyways something to do with 100ft, a tornado GR.4 and Heathrow at rush hour.... :icon_lol:

Oh yeah!

I remember buzzing Meigs in the Extra in my only MSFS multiplayer session back in FS98 days. Boy, that Bell pilot desperately trying to hover was especially peeved... :icon_lol:

Matt Wynn
January 23rd, 2010, 11:09
oh mine was great, i plotted a nice flight plan for a UK Patrol of the south coast, then over the thames estuary dropped it down, see how far up the thames i could get (i had permission) i then headed back out to sea and engaged autopilot so i could grab a bite to eat, unfortunately i forgot the heading the autopilot had would put me over heathrow at 100ft, likewise i hadn't reset the altitude hold....

Bjoern
January 23rd, 2010, 13:26
oh mine was great, i plotted a nice flight plan for a UK Patrol of the south coast, then over the thames estuary dropped it down, see how far up the thames i could get (i had permission) i then headed back out to sea and engaged autopilot so i could grab a bite to eat, unfortunately i forgot the heading the autopilot had would put me over heathrow at 100ft, likewise i hadn't reset the altitude hold....

Hahaha, very nice! :icon_lol:

Piglet
January 23rd, 2010, 20:08
That chariot racing does look cool! Kinda like slow-mo podracing!