PDA

View Full Version : QC questions...

peperez
January 23rd, 2010, 05:26
I'm flying a perfect balanced airfile that refuses to enter combat as an AI plane. It's a fighter. Every time I command them to attack they refused saying they are engaged (but they are not). What is happening?

Pepe

fliger747
January 23rd, 2010, 16:42
Bon Question........

Not being a combat FS guru I cann'a help directly, but many may have experience with this.

My question.... What sim??

peperez
February 9th, 2010, 02:10
CFS2!

Ivan
February 16th, 2010, 03:51
You probably have the plane specified as a "Bomber" rather than a "Fighter". (Or have you already done that when you described "It's a fighter"?) There are plenty of QC editors that can fix that pretty easily.

- Ivan.

peperez
February 25th, 2010, 03:34
You probably have the plane specified as a "Bomber" rather than a "Fighter". (Or have you already done that when you described "It's a fighter"?) There are plenty of QC editors that can fix that pretty easily.

- Ivan.

The problem IS NOT at the DP...

Cheers

Pepe

Oglivie
March 14th, 2010, 12:04
Pepe,

I never tackled this problem, but maybe experiment with airfile sections 341-343, 401, 404, 420-422. I might suggest backing up your original air file first and replace a section or two at a time with the stock Zero sections to see if there are any favorable results. I also think that the Moment of Inertia may have some adverse effect on AI performance if they are set to high. Pitch Moment - Trim Range in section 1101 may effect AI (but not sure). The stock Zero is set -0.6 but you may want to experiment here also. Another section that may effect AI (in particular the landings) is Main Wing Center of Lift in section 1204.
I hope you get it working okay, good luck on it.

PS. Sorry for my late response to the thread, this is my first visit to the Flight Dynamics Forum.

Ivan
March 15th, 2010, 04:30
If the problem is that the plane is that it is specified as a bomber rather than a fighter, it isn't in the DP or AIR File. It is in the selection list that the flight sim uses: (a .cfg file that lists all the aircraft available as opponents in quick combat and whether they are friendly / enemy and fighter / bomber.) I don't fly CFS2 much, but do have an installation somewhere. The untility I use is JSQCEdit and a little C Program I wrote about 15 years ago to sort the selections by manufacturer but those are for CFS1.

- Ivan.