PDA

View Full Version : SUGGESTIONS ANYONE

LCBORDEN
January 23rd, 2010, 04:32
Hey Gang! I've been off for a while (15months) long story, not important. Anyway I'm now getting back into simming and I'm looking for a really good Lockheed Connie, also has anyone re-invented the P51, either Warbird or A2A etc. I'm looking for something like the P47 accusimmed. Which I really really like. I'm no longer doing fs2004 and am concentrating on FSX...( Oy vey, the headaches) Back on topic. If you good folks could make a list of things I need to look at I would appreciate it...Oh, I don't really need Panthers Calendar girls but If I have to..... Thanks for the help.

Ol' Jarhead :wavey:

IanP
January 23rd, 2010, 04:47
P-51D - A2A's WW2F P-51D model has been "patched" to work perfectly as an FSX native model with the same level of complexity and depth that it had before (i.e. not Accu-Sim). I've just installed my 52nd to 57th repaints of it since reinstalling FSX, so yeah, it works. ;) - they are working on a WoP3 version, which will have Accu-Sim, but that's a way off and the WW2F one works fine. Flight1 have also done a Mustang, based on the real world "Janie" and "Marinell" warbirds, which has a modern pilot wearing a bone dome. Again, it's nowhere near the same depth as the Accu-Sim P-47D.

P-51B - Yeah. Warbirdsim. Search the forum for threads and make your own decision. Very nice model, but... It's not Accu-Sim or an equivalent thereof, though, either.

LCBORDEN
January 23rd, 2010, 05:24
Thanks Ian,
Your input is very helpful I will probably decide to go with the A2A P-51D,(already leaning their way) As for the early variants I don't see anything that surpasses the Warbirdsims effort. Especially since Bomber12th did such amazing work and detail for them.( plus Jankees has great textures) I must admit I really love the Accu-sim for A2As P47... I like being responsible for blowing the engine up when I'm not monitoring it properly. Really looking forward to more products with that add on. Thanks again for your input....Now don't be shy everyone... I still need to catch up for the past 15 months....any suggestions are greatly appreciated..

Rezabrya
January 23rd, 2010, 07:36
Definitely make sure to pick up the Lotus Simulations L-39. It is one of the best addons of 2009.

LCBORDEN
January 27th, 2010, 15:26
Thanks Rez, I'll be sure to check it out.

Ol' Jarhead:wavey:

SolarEagle
January 27th, 2010, 15:44
Don't miss the Classics Hanger FW-190, which is right up there with the RealAir Spitfire.

Bomber_12th
January 27th, 2010, 16:08
LC, it is great to see ya back! If you go to Just Flight's website, there is an excellent payware Connie available, created by Aeroplane Heaven, as well as there are several excellent freeware examples on sites like Avsim and Flightsim.com, released over the last year, which are definitely must haves for any fan of the Connie.

http://www.justflight.com/product.asp?pid=288
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p>Warbirdsim will have a P-51D available in a few months time, which should 're-invent' what the aircraft is known to be within the sim environment. ;)
</o:p>

LCBORDEN
January 28th, 2010, 05:27
Hey everyone, Thanks, all your suggestions they are greatly appreciated. I had totally forgotten how much I like the FW190 So I need to go check that out. John, I've sent you a message regarding your mustang. I look forward to your "re-invented" one with great anticipation. The wife surprised me with a new computer (didn't know I had even been good this year) a quad core with a good grpahics card. I can now play FSX decently.. so downloading all the old favorites and some new ones too. Thanks for the help and keep suggestions coming...

ol' Jarhead :wavey:

raptor19
January 28th, 2010, 09:40
LC, The advice that has been given previously is as usual for this forum i.e. Sound and reliable. With regard to the Connie which is one of my very favourite aircraft I would highly recommend the various variants (including military) from L749 to L1649 done by Manfred Jahn. If you search on Flightsim.com under Manfred's name you should find all the major files plus lots of repaints. Although the models are basically FS9 they all work quite well in FSX and from memory with the exception of the L1649 Starliner they all have a VC. Personally I have converted all the textures to DXT5 and taken advantage of FSX's facility to have a common textures folder in order to reduce overall file sizes. Also slaving the panel between variants makes file sizes smaller. Although the aircraft does not come with a sound pack there are several good ones available.

Additionally as you have been told the recently released native FSX Just Flight (Aeroplane Heaven) Connie is also very good and has two separately downloadeable add on packs with additional variants not included in the main pack. Being a Connie fan I had to have this set too.

I would also endorse the comments re Classics Hangar's FW190, it is a brilliant model, up there with RealAir's Spitfire and if you get it now then start with the "Late Variants" pack as Mathias is currently updating the "Early Variants" to the standards of the "Late" one. The early variants was very, very good in itself but Mathias has raised the bar even higher with the "Late" one. In any case I understand that purchasers of the "Early" variants will be entitled to a free update when the revised pack is released (hopefully in February).

Best regards,

raptor 19 (JohnN)

LCBORDEN
January 28th, 2010, 15:32
Wow, all good advice. I too am a Connie fan, as a 'wee' lad I remember them flying out of an airport not to far from my Uncles home (right on the approach path) Loved watching and listening to them come over. It was a fairly active airport back then and I might see six or seven in an afternoon. Plus it was attached to an Air National Guard base which back then had the T33, then the F86, then the F100....you see a trend by now...It was great visiting my Uncles.. Appreciate all the good advice...I'm pretty pleased to be simming again, and its great to see this site is still as great as it was.

LCBORDEN
January 29th, 2010, 03:18
Hey, ummmmm kind of a silly time to ask this, but are the suggestions you folks have made compatible with Microsoft Windows 7 ? I ask only because I was just about to pick up the Classics Hangar late version FW190 and it did not mention windows 7 only XP and Vista....Bomber12th this applies to the Warbird Sim FSX version of your P51B/C I was about to dowload that as well. I will wait for anyones recommendations....

Mathias
January 29th, 2010, 03:29
Hey, ummmmm kind of a silly time to ask this, but are the suggestions you folks have made compatible with Microsoft Windows 7 ? I ask only because I was just about to pick up the Classics Hangar late version FW190 and it did not mention windows 7 only XP and Vista....Bomber12th this applies to the Warbird Sim FSX version of your P51B/C I was about to dowload that as well. I will wait for anyones recommendations....

Hiya LCBORDEN,

the Fw190 works fine in Win7.
If you check the min specs it mentions Win7:
http://www.classics-hangar.de/produkte_fw190a5_en.htm

LCBORDEN
January 29th, 2010, 03:50
That is excellent news. I will go ahead and dowload your FW190 Late variants today then. Looking forward to it, as everyone compares it to the realair Spit which my favorite in Spitfires.
Thanks you for your input.

Ol'Jarhead:wavey:

jankees
January 29th, 2010, 04:04
and if you like blowing up engines, don't forget the Aerosoft PBY Catalina.
Fantastic model.