PDA

View Full Version : Warbirdsim Activation

jim
January 22nd, 2010, 09:22
Anybody hear anything from Warbirdsim concerning "activation" for FSX?
I installed a new computer Monday & am waiting for their activation for their P51.
I'm NOT holding my breath.:USA-flag:

Kiwikat
January 22nd, 2010, 09:42
Wow are we really back to this again? :monkies:

IanP
January 22nd, 2010, 09:50
Without going over much old ground again, a lot of people seem to get their activations at weekends, so you may hear something over the next couple of days.

That's all I'll say on the subject.

jankees
January 22nd, 2010, 10:03
I'll keep my mouth shut...

delta558
January 22nd, 2010, 10:38
Yes, done twice successfully with no problems - both times the activation email arrived within a couple of days. Remember when you get the activation email to keep a copy of it, if you need to re-install at any time you just use the same email rather than re-applying. It's like your personal key.

Oelwanne
January 22nd, 2010, 11:02
a Neverending Story......:isadizzy:

jim
January 22nd, 2010, 11:34
Certainly is! Too bad; nice bird.

Rezabrya
January 22nd, 2010, 12:27
Wait a few days and if you don't hear from them by Wednesday, send them an e-mail at their support address.

Spilot69
January 22nd, 2010, 19:30
I did mine over the weekend. Its an amazing plane. John really did a tremendous job. I think its worth it at current price. Flies like a dream and sounds are the best I've ever heard. Coming from a real pilot. So far company has been a problem but I do worry about activation, kinda like FFS who built the Saab 340, when they went under plane become pretty much useless, hopefully this a/c doesnt become the same.

delta558
January 23rd, 2010, 01:28
I sent them an email asking about the reactivation side of things (i.e. if I reinstall FSX, and put the P51 back in). They were quick to respond that you simply use the email you originally had as your activation. Just like a key, or a password, you can use it as many times as you need to on your computer.

jim
January 23rd, 2010, 03:55
That doesn't work if one is installing it on a DIFFERENT computer.

Received activation @ 10:50 AM EST Today. P51 activated. All is well. Will try to load re-paints today. Hope them work.

delta558
January 23rd, 2010, 07:14
Yeah, I guessed that bit - my last post was more aimed at Spilot69's concern that if the company went under the aircraft would be useless. Which it wouldn't be until you're lucky enough to be able to upgrade your computer.

jim
January 23rd, 2010, 07:27
I have 29 re-paints in now, including the ones that came with the product.
Hope that they figure out how to load more than 30.:guinness:

Spilot69
January 23rd, 2010, 19:34
Anyone know where do get more paints of this bird?

MM
January 23rd, 2010, 20:14
Spilot,

Our best chance of getting more repaints is Warbirdsim's (or John's) sending Jan another activation so that he can get back into his enthusiasm for the P-51B. He might be willing to re-release his many splendid repaints.

Just whistling...

Mike

IanP
January 24th, 2010, 03:32
There's more to Jan Kees's problem that that, Mike. If it was as simple as just sending another activation, it would be done already.

As far as I can tell, the problem is that the software sees itself as already activated, but that thirtieth repaint has "broken" that activation. Therefore, it currently cannot be reactivated. It needs the code to be fixed so it doesn't fail when you add too many repaints, not a (comparatively) simple reactivation.

macroth72
January 25th, 2010, 12:24
My missing download links and activation finally arrived at me at the weekend. So my problems are solved for this moment. They were very helpfull at last. If the communication between them and their customers would be better, more people could enjoy thei great plane. That's a bit sad. I really enjoy it now, but this definetly must be improved...