PDA

View Full Version : Succesful Flight in Boeing 377

RyanJames170
January 21st, 2010, 07:36
well i did a 1000 mile flight in the A2A 377 and it was like my 5th flight with no problems..

now i was wondering how many of you have gotten a 750 or more mile flight?

CodyValkyrie
January 21st, 2010, 09:41
Ryan, I'll be honest... I did a lot of quality testing on the 377, and I never flew that far. Congrats on your flight. Lot of coffee I assume? :)

RyanJames170
January 21st, 2010, 10:01
Ryan, I'll be honest... I did a lot of quality testing on the 377, and I never flew that far. Congrats on your flight. Lot of coffee I assume? :)

ahh lots of tea actualy and pretzels and some good music

Dangerous Beans
January 21st, 2010, 10:29
What the sound of those beautiful engines wasn't music enough for you ? :)

RyanJames170
January 21st, 2010, 10:34
What the sound of those beautiful engines wasn't music enough for you ? :)
its back ground music.. i can here both.. so its like its on the my head set if i was actually flying the aircraft

GypsyBaron
January 21st, 2010, 10:36
well i did a 1000 mile flight in the A2A 377 and it was like my 5th flight with no problems..

now i was wondering how many of you have gotten a 750 or more mile flight?

I've done a couple of round-the-world flights. I usually
make a 2-3 hour flight, depending upon availability of
suitable airfields. Many legs were over 4 hours.

Probably the longest hop was KOAK to PHNL. AIR, I had
a decent amount of fuel left onboard but was nearly out
of oil when I landed in Honolulu. That was an 8 hour, 46 minute "hop" :)

I have flown several 1,000 NM+ legs, all real time, but
most are in the 2-3 hour time frame so somewhere in
the 400 to 600 mile range.

My last round-the-world I only lost 2 engines, at
different times, to catastrophic failures.

I usually run engines until forced to overhaul them.
My high-time engine had over 100 hours on it before
it failed.

I have logged over 390 hours in the A2A B-377 to date.

Paul

RyanJames170
January 21st, 2010, 11:20
I've done a couple of round-the-world flights. I usually
make a 2-3 hour flight, depending upon availability of
suitable airfields. Many legs were over 4 hours.

Probably the longest hop was KOAK to PHNL. AIR, I had
a decent amount of fuel left onboard but was nearly out
of oil when I landed in Honolulu. That was an 8 hour, 46 minute "hop" :)

I have flown several 1,000 NM+ legs, all real time, but
most are in the 2-3 hour time frame so somewhere in
the 400 to 600 mile range.

My last round-the-world I only lost 2 engines, at
different times, to catastrophic failures.

I usually run engines until forced to overhaul them.
My high-time engine had over 100 hours on it before
it failed.

I have logged over 390 hours in the A2A B-377 to date.

Paul

cool verry cool paul
i have only had 1 engine failular and that is becuse i pused the engines to there intentionally lol..
8 hour flight eh that's a pretty long one lol

FAC257
January 21st, 2010, 13:49
Ryan

Congrats! On the flight. :applause:

She's by far my favorite ever flight sim aircraft. I've got a little over 650 flight hours logged in the 377, but I still get that same feeling of accomplishment everytime I land and shut her down.

I just flew her for the first time in a while the other day, and even with as many hours as I spent in that cockpit, I still had to slow down and think about what I was getting ready to do. I had a brief panic moment when I was taking off, trying to remember if I had everything set correctly.

I'm not sure how many of the flights were over 750 miles, but the single longest flight was from NTGJ to KDAB, 4414 miles non-stop 18 hours and 52 minutes flown in real time.

FAC

RyanJames170
January 21st, 2010, 14:03
Ryan

Congrats! On the flight. :applause:

She's by far my favorite ever flight sim aircraft. I've got a little over 650 flight hours logged in the 377, but I still get that same feeling of accomplishment everytime I land and shut her down.

I just flew her for the first time in a while the other day, and even with as many hours as I spent in that cockpit, I still had to slow down and think about what I was getting ready to do. I had a brief panic moment when I was taking off, trying to remember if I had everything set correctly.

I'm not sure how many of the flights were over 750 miles, but the single longest flight was from NTGJ to KDAB, 4414 miles non-stop 18 hours and 52 minutes flown in real time.

FAC

wow lol 18 hours lol thats alont time on fsx lol

FlameOut
January 21st, 2010, 14:13
I've got well over 800 + hrs. on the airframe of the B-377 and 270 + hrs. on the Guppy..."Fat girls" need love too. This is all after SP1 release, more if you count those "lost credit" hrs.

I've done [3] "round the world "West to East" and one completed "North to South" and am working on # 2.

Longest,? prolly Sapporo to Anchorage :ernae:... barely made it.

FAC257
January 21st, 2010, 14:19
I've got well over 800 + hrs. on the airframe of the B-377 and 270 + hrs. on the Guppy...

Wooo Hooo!!! :applause:

My hours are a combo of the two. I love the Guppy and is the one I was flying the other day.

FAC

Mr.Mugel
January 22nd, 2010, 04:21
Thatīs a lot of time in the seat, I usually make short hauls only, cross the alps, 2 hours with pre and postflight, enough to get up to altitude and go back down again. I, for myself, just canīt see the point in sitting in front of the monitor for so many hours, doing nothing at all but waiting for radio messages or points on the flight plan. I donīt have Accusim though, maybe that would make it more interesting, while the system management is pretty good without it, too, just without the random effect, which Iīd enjoy I guess, and some other things...