PDA

View Full Version : Alcaida afraid of Jesus Guns!?

Lionheart
January 20th, 2010, 07:15
Hey all,

Two nights ago, there was a report on TV of a number one manufacturer of scopes for the US Armed Forces that have been putting Biblical references encoded into their serial numbers. For instance, a particular scope might have 2COR215 which means 2ND Corrinthians 2:15.

This has freaked out the enemy of the US, mostly alcaida, saying that the US is using Jesus guns to shoot at them with, lol... (I thought that was pretty funny.. and cool).

Then they showed some guy in Washington that was going off like crazy, rabbid, of how bad this is for our troops.. hmm...

They havent been to a Chika or In-n-Out burger restaurant, where everything has John 3:16 on it, (for God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that we may have eternal life).

So yes, alcaida, we have Jesus guns, Jesus burgers, Jesus fries, Jesus chicken.. You name it. :d

I even do this with my own product lines, having references to scripture.

Seeing that guy on TV saying that it was such an outrage kind of rubbed me the wrong way. Its like, hey, if you dont like it here, there's the door. Mind you, thats probably a Jesus door and a Jesus door knob...

:d

GT182
January 20th, 2010, 07:34
Good one Bill. :applause:

And that guy in DC..... "don't let he door hit ya in a** on the way out". :d

djscoo
January 20th, 2010, 07:47
Al Qaeda is not scared...soldiers are scared to be captured with them. This is not a holy war. The armed forces aren't fighting in the name of Jesus, they are fighting in the name of the United States.

cheezyflier
January 20th, 2010, 08:03
Al Qaeda is not scared...soldiers are scared to be captured with them. This is not a holy war. The armed forces aren't fighting in the name of Jesus, they are fighting in the name of the United States.

actually it is a holy war. islam declared jihad against all infidels, that includes the states.

Main Entry: ji·had
Variant(s): also je·had \ji-ˈhäd, chiefly British -ˈhad\
Function: noun
Etymology: Arabic jihād
Date: 1869

1 : a holy war waged on behalf of Islam as a religious duty; also : a personal struggle in devotion to Islam especially involving spiritual discipline
2 : a crusade for a principle or belief

stiz
January 20th, 2010, 09:15
what is it a lot of soilders say ... "as soon as the bullets start zipping past you just want to shoot the ******* and everything else is just forgotten"

TheOptimist
January 20th, 2010, 09:21
actually it is a holy war. islam declared jihad against all infidels, that includes the states.

Main Entry: ji·had
Variant(s): also je·had \ji-ˈhäd, chiefly British -ˈhad\
Function: noun
Etymology: Arabic jihād
Date: 1869

1 : a holy war waged on behalf of Islam as a religious duty; also : a personal struggle in devotion to Islam especially involving spiritual discipline
2 : a crusade for a principle or belief

Just because they are religious, and that some acts have been performed in the name of religion, does not make this a holy war. That's like saying if UK got invaded and some christians fought then it would be a holy war.

Secondly, why would Al-Qaeda give a toss about 'Jesus guns,' given that they don't believe in Jesus? It's the SOLDIERS who have been complaining in their droves about the inscriptions on their guns, the insurgents don't give a monkeys.

magoo
January 20th, 2010, 09:46
Propaganda.

The Al-Qaedas use religious extremism to partition the local mid-east culture, brainwash them with fear and loathing, and then exploit those poor people to build their own ruthless power base. To a degree, a mild hint of this sort of business pops up in Western societies from time to time, the more extreme entities of the Christian faith endeavoring to raise simililar scenarios of us against them, Jesus against Mohamed, etc, etc, etc. Religion truly has little to do with the reality of it, except for it's value as a manipulative tool.

Fortunately we find the general populations in Western societies are for the most part, better educated than their civilian counterparts in the Afghans, and therefore less prone to propagandistic manipulations. A more powerful middle class in these several democratic states also dictates that religious conservative fervor generally lacks teeth, and can be kept away from the political and military structures that protect us so well, here in the west.

Lionheart, I suggest you haven't well thought out the placement for your endeavour. It's smacks of light duty radicalism and may be better placed down in Oso's, at the bottom of the page. At the very least, you would be able to put up a reasonable arguement versus my amused dismantlement of your statements, without violating this website's format charter, nor pushing the workload of Ickie's fine volunteers right through the roof.

I would politely suggest that the moderators run the "lockdown" slash through this one, and I'd invite you to reiterate at the (less than comfort zone) Oso's, my engagement evenings, Pacific time.

See you at the bottom. May the force be with you.
:icon29:

6297J
January 20th, 2010, 10:02
Brings to mind one of my favourite quotes -

A Religious war is like children fighting over who has the strongest imaginary friend.

Snuffy
January 20th, 2010, 10:16
Just putting a token appearance in here before this thread gets hammered. :173go1:

Matt Wynn
January 20th, 2010, 10:17
as someone who's been there let me tell you you can print whatever you like on the rifles, but you get a drug fuelled SB running towards or even driving towards you, you just care about accuracy, you want the round to stop that threat, all well and good, and even a good laugh about these scopes personally (Being Greek Orthodox myself). I have a section of tape on my rifle stock... simply says "23:4" now we all know that one don't we... i'm not a religious man but as Stiz says you hear rounds cracking off nearby you want the sandal wearing goat herder in your sights, and you want to be back with your family, see i admire the courage of the truck drivers myself, they are Afghan drivers mostly, 2 in the cab, Al-Qaeda/Taliban will decapitate and de-limb one of them and let the other deliver the body to the base in the truck as a warning... lets just say it makes your blood run cold...

^before it gets hammered .....

anyways back to scopes, what manufacturer was it? i want to procure one as a souvenir :icon_lol: wonder what the cost will be? the bipod off my L96 perhaps? :icon_lol:

falcon409
January 20th, 2010, 10:19
I guess I'm going to get lured into this, just to make one correction to your statement. For the US Forces (of which I was one in Kuwait), you are correct, this is not a Holy War. Also, if we went into why we are over there, every single person would have an opinion on that as well and we are not going there.

Ok back to your statement. For the Al Qaeda, yes this is a Holy War. For centuries this has been going on in the middle east and it has always been a Holy War. . .you may not agree, but the fact is, whether they are actually following religious doctrine or not, they are fighting a Holy War. That is their belief, whether we buy into it or not is of little concern to them. So get beyond what you think the reasons are for the Al Qaeda wanting to eliminate us from the face of the earth and understand that "for them" it is all about religion (albeit it quite twisted).