PDA

View Full Version : Flares in MAW

swpierce
January 20th, 2010, 06:01
I would like to use the splendid "aircraft_flare" parachute flare that is found in ETO as a loadout in MAW. Can I just copy that weapons file over or is there an addition to the effects file that needs to be done?

ndicki
January 20th, 2010, 08:20
You have to be a bit careful - otherwise you end up with vehicles with dark dust plumes, for example - but I just copied most of the effects folder and xml over. If you have done that, then copying over the weapons folder and adding it to an xdp file is easy enough.

swpierce
January 23rd, 2010, 18:14
Thanks for the reply, I have been out of communication a few days and am late getting back to you. Am I interpreting this correctly in that you replaced all of your stock MAW effects with ETO effects?

ndicki
January 23rd, 2010, 23:48
Not entirely, but close. As the ETO ones build on the MAW ones, you can go from there, but be careful with anything that needs to be a different colour, such as vehicle duct plumes or ground explosions. It's a long process... Using WinMerge to merge the effects.xml files is a good move, but it doesn't cover everything either! Whatever else you do, make sure you have secure backups outside your installs! I can't stress the importance etc, etc...

swpierce
January 25th, 2010, 10:45
Roger that.