PDA

View Full Version : Transplant

paiken
January 19th, 2010, 16:14
My wife's transplant took place last night and into early morning. She is back in the ICU recovering from the surgery. The surgeon said that the operation was very difficult, since her previous surgery had left very little room to operate, along with plenty of scarring.
She's still on a ventillator and around 10 different IV tubes sticking out of her. The latest tests show that the transplanted liver is beginning to work, although her kidneys still have to recover from the stress put on them by her liver giving out. She will most likely be receiving dialysis for a couple of days to give her kidneys a break.
I would like to send a very sincere and heartfelt thank you to everyone for their support and prayers. Joan is still not out of the woods, but at least now she has a fighting chance to see her next birthday in April.
Pat

Chacha
January 19th, 2010, 16:17
My wife's transplant took place last night and into early morning. She is back in the ICU recovering from the surgery. The surgeon said that the operation was very difficult, since her previous surgery had left very little room to operate, along with plenty of scarring.
She's still on a ventillator and around 10 different IV tubes sticking out of her. The latest tests show that the transplanted liver is beginning to work, although her kidneys still have to recover from the stress put on them by her liver giving out. She will most likely be receiving dialysis for a couple of days to give her kidneys a break.
I would like to send a very sincere and heartfelt thank you to everyone for their support and prayers. Joan is still not out of the woods, but at least now she has a fighting chance to see her next birthday in April.
Pat

Pat,

Thanks for the update....

Thank you Jesus ...

Joan will still be in our prayers. May she recover fully.... :engel016:

N2056
January 19th, 2010, 16:20
The news is positive...the prayers continue :engel016:

Dain Arns
January 19th, 2010, 16:25
Pat,

Thanks for the update....

Thank you Jesus ...

Joan will still be in our prayers. May she recover fully.... :engel016:

Amen to that!

OBIO
January 19th, 2010, 16:41
Pat

I am so glad to hear that the surgery went well and that the new liver is firing up. I will continue to pray for Joan.

OBIO

lifejogger
January 19th, 2010, 16:49
That is good news and we will still keep praying.

harleyman
January 19th, 2010, 18:09
Wonderful news Pat for you and Joan..

I will continue to plea with my God to heal her, and make her well...

He has that power to lift her from this .

I pray he does....

Thanks for taking the time to update us on Joan..it indeed is good news to hear

jmig
January 19th, 2010, 18:32
Thank you God and the skill of modern medicine. May she have a full recovery. I also thank the donor of the new liver.

rayrey10
January 19th, 2010, 18:33
Awesome news! I hope and pray for a speedy recovery.

paiken
January 22nd, 2010, 12:49
Joan has made considerable progress since the transplant on Mon night. They are going to move her out of the ICU and into a regular room later today. :jump: Her kidneys are still not working properly, so they are going to put her on dialysis for a while until they can recover. She was sitting up and getting ready to do a little walking when I left a little while ago. I had to come home and get some rest and try to get ready to go back to work tomorrow. Thanks again to everyone for your support during this ordeal. Your words of encouragement and support made a huge impact on me, and I will never forget it.
Pat

cheezyflier
January 22nd, 2010, 14:26
\o/ ptL :applause:

brad kaste
January 22nd, 2010, 14:56
Paiken,.....glad to hear the good news,...good new indeed!

Quicksand
January 22nd, 2010, 14:58
Glad things are improving for Joan, Pat. I continue to pray for you both continuously...:engel016:

Quicksand
January 22nd, 2010, 14:59
Sorry... Double post... "Database Error?"

Cloud9Gal
January 22nd, 2010, 16:13
paiken~ Wonderful news! Many blessings to you and your family! http://www.tiptopglobe.com/skin/smile/s12436.gif (http://www.tiptopglobe.com/free-smiles-smileys-emoticons-blog-forum-email)

harleyman
January 23rd, 2010, 02:05
This is wonderful news Paiken of Joan...thank you for the wondrful update of her progress.

May the prayers continue for your Joan, and with the healing hand of our almighty heal her and keep her well.:engel016:

Chacha
January 23rd, 2010, 06:59
Awesome News, Pat!

Take real good care of Joan :engel016:

Thanks you, Jesus!

Lionheart
January 23rd, 2010, 12:16
This is great news Pat.

May she fully recover and have great health all of her days.

:engel016:

Bill

Dain Arns
January 23rd, 2010, 18:36
Thank you Lord! :engel016:
Great to hear Pat! :applause:

harleyman
January 28th, 2010, 15:10
This update was sent to Chacha and I stole it to bump his post back up..

We all hope that Joan does go home real soon.....

I know the hotel, drive past it every day on the way to the grocery store and work. Joan is recovering, although a bit slowly. She was really very sick when she received the transplant; her kidneys had pretty much shut down from the strain placed on them when the liver failed. She is currently receiving dialysis to help the kidneys recover and to pull off some excess fluid. But the doctors are encouraged by her progress so far.
Thanks for checking up...I've been here at the hospital most days, and with limited internet access, I decided to stop updating the thread I started. We're hoping that Joan can come home sometime next week, but of course that depends on how her body reacts to the treatment and the new liver. Thanks for all of your support, and everyone else here at the Outhouse. It really meant a lot to me. And let Ickie know that I'll be donating for the new server come my next paycheck...this place has become my favorite haunt in cyberspace.

OBIO
January 28th, 2010, 15:47
That is great news...thanks for the update Harleyman.

Paiken,

Will keep Joan in my prayers...and you as well, as you will have your work cut out for you while she is recovering and regaining her strength and vitality.

OBIO

Snuffy
January 28th, 2010, 15:50
Good news indeed! :applause:

HouseHobbit
January 28th, 2010, 16:45
Thanks be to Our Lord..
where two or more are gathered in agreement, so shall it be done..
Praise...
I am very pleased, I shall continue to Keep you Both in my daily Prayers..
May the recovery be quick and complete..

Dain Arns
January 28th, 2010, 16:58
Thanks be to Our Lord..
where two or more are gathered in agreement, so shall it be done..
Praise...
I am very pleased, I shall continue to Keep you Both in my daily Prayers..
May the recovery be quick and complete..

I'll agree with that. Full recovery for Joan. Amen.