PDA

View Full Version : USA Government Survey - How do you feel?

OleBoy
January 19th, 2010, 10:04
I just want to know what people here think about this being mandatory participation (or fines will get implemented) to help make USA a better place **cough- add foul language here -cough**

My thoughts; Bull****. Invasion of privacy with a need to know. My opinion...it's none of their GD business.

The USA (not to mention the rest of the world) is fouled by congress right now. I declined to participate.

Anyone care to share their thoughts?

Toastmaker
January 19th, 2010, 10:34
Are you talking about the census, or something else entirely. If so, I think we barked about that here already. At any rate - you might want to consider the Quarter Moon Saloon for this subject (which will become a political honking match right quick).

Just a suggestion. . .

OleBoy
January 19th, 2010, 10:55
yep the Census. Thanks

Edit: must register?

yank51
January 19th, 2010, 11:16
Well, participation in the census is dictated in the constitution. You know, the document that many here like to quote when they are talking about their right to bear arms, or their right to free speech, etc....:kilroy:

OBIO
January 19th, 2010, 11:23
I have not seen the Census thingie that is causing all this ruckus....so I can not comment on it. I have no problem participating in the census..in fact, I feel that it is an important thing to do, one so important that it is part of the US Constitution. I do have some reservations about how this census is being done...but that gets into the politics behind it so I will not go there.

I hope that those who reply to this thread can also forgo political views and political stances...as this is not the area for such discussion.

OBIO

Dain Arns
January 19th, 2010, 13:14
Okay. Let's clear this up once and for all.

The head count is mandatory, as stated in the Constitution.
All other census projects are voluntary.
Got it? :salute:

Frankly IMHO, if you don't want to participate in YOUR government, that's your loss, please don't make it mine.

BTW. Enjoy the freedom of being able to bitch about it too.
Many countries on this planet still don't give their own citizens that glorious and sacred of rights. :173go1:

Yes. Please. Take this topic to the Quarter Moon.

(Sorry, my apologies too. My back is killing me today and I'm extra pissy) :wavey: :icon_lol:

TeaSea
January 19th, 2010, 14:56
This thread is gonna go bad real quick!

Someone's gonna be accused of being a Nazi before we're done!!:icon_lol:

djscoo
January 19th, 2010, 15:03
This thread is gonna go bad real quick!

Someone's gonna be accused of being a Nazi before we're done!!:icon_lol:

That sounds like something a Nazi would say!
Whats next...you gonna send an earthquake my way? I'm on to you...:eek:

Just kidding.:icon_lol: Haven't we already had a thread on this topic?

N2056
January 19th, 2010, 15:07
Yep. It got locked as sure as this one will be. This sort of discussion belongs in the Saloon.

yank51
January 19th, 2010, 15:18
Yeah, it does belong over in the Saloon. What does his have to do with Aviation anyway???:confused:

GT182
January 19th, 2010, 15:23
Yeah, it does belong over in the Saloon. What does his have to do with Aviation anyway???:confused:

The NewsHawks isn't just about aviation, or haven't you noticed that yet?

Yep. It got locked as sure as this one will be. This sort of discussion belongs in the Saloon.

The other one was locked at my request. Just keep this one simple with nothing political and it'll be fine.

jmig
January 19th, 2010, 15:54
The Newshawks isn't just about aviation, or haven't you noticed that yet?

The other one was locked at my request. Just keep this one simple with nothing political and it'll be fine.

Yes! If it goes political or becomes ideological I am afraid...it will be closed tighter than a whiskey saloon after a visit by Elliott Ness.

Toastmaker
January 19th, 2010, 15:59
Yes! If it goes political or becomes ideological I am afraid...it will be closed tighter than a whiskey saloon after a visit by Elliott Ness.

Wow! Now that would be really tight !!

:icon_lol:

PS: This thread is already at the Saloon for those interested.

hey_moe
January 19th, 2010, 16:06
Hey guys as much as I hate to do this....this is the wrong place for this thread...Mike

GT182
January 19th, 2010, 16:06
]......it will be closed tighter than a whiskey saloon after a visit by Elliott Ness.[/B]

Not really there is one other that's even tighter..... and you remember which one it is John. ;) Elliot can't beat that one. :bump: