PDA

View Full Version : Flying Dollar

falcon409
January 19th, 2010, 07:49
Well, another one in the works. This one is located in the Pocono Mountains Region of Pennsylvania. A private airport, dirt rwy. . .sits on some hilly real estate with a few lakes in the area and streams running by it. A low maintenance airport in that it won't take much to complete. I have to load up on Autogen vegetation, a few houses and buildings and it'll be done.

The two photos show the progression from the untouched image, compiled and placed in position and the color corrected version with the blur added. (you can see where the original airport boundary was, that's been removed).

I just have a night map and water map to do and then. . .badda bing. . .badda boom. . .Done, lol:salute:

falcon409
January 19th, 2010, 09:58
Done except for a night map and some water:

n4gix
January 19th, 2010, 10:11
Um, how about a taxiway from the hanger-shed to the runway? That's looking very nice!

falcon409
January 19th, 2010, 10:54
Um, how about a taxiway from the hanger-shed to the runway? That's looking very nice!
Too late, lol. It's all dirt, you can taxi anywhere you want.
Here's a temporary link to download until it get's posted in the downloads section:
http://www.box.net/shared/static/4j0s62pfx5.zip
:salute:

CrazyPants
January 19th, 2010, 10:56
How do you import aerial images? I'm looking to modify a few airports around my hometown.

falcon409
January 19th, 2010, 11:05
How do you import aerial images? I'm looking to modify a few airports around my hometown.
I use SBuilderX. The program has a built in tile server that hosts Google Earth, Yahoo Maps and Virtual Earth maps. I just switch through each of them until I find the best looking of the three and go from there.

Having said that, as you might imagine, there's more to it than that simple explanation, however, it also isn't all that difficult. After you've done a few, there's really nothing to it. The one I just did for Flying Dollar I started this morning around 9:00am, it's now 2:00pm and I stopped for a bit of lunch in between and watched some TV. So from finding the image, loading it into SBuilderX, color correcting, producing the blur, night map, water map, placing the autogen vegetation and adding the various objects around the Air Strip and modifying the AFCAD. . . .4 hours.:salute:

Railrunner130
January 19th, 2010, 17:37
Very cool!

:ernae:

falcon409
January 19th, 2010, 17:52
Thanks Railrunner, hope you enjoy it!!:salute: