PDA

View Full Version : WIP Scenery Shots

falcon409
January 18th, 2010, 07:08
Here are in-progress shots for KCID (East Iowa Regional) and also for Mountain Air (2NCO). I should have KCID done in a day or so.

2NCO is coming along, but the problem with that one is that my mountain isn't made like the real world mountain, lol. In FSX (or mine at least) the mountain has a gradual slope to it, so the abrupt edge of the RW rwy isn't near as dramatic. I was able to add a sloping flatten to get the 46' drop from the high side down though. The other thing is that since I have a sloped flatten, I can't just go into AFX and do the rwy, taxiways, etc because it can't do sloping anything, lol. So I'm stuck right now. Hey, I got the Golf Course in there though, lol.

hews500d
January 18th, 2010, 07:31
Those are looking good! I'm glad to see you're taking on Mountain Air. The real Mountain Air is within a couple hours driving time for me, and I think I may still have some info on it that I requested a few years ago. If you need any assistance with info let me know and I'll see what I can come up with :ernae:

Darrell

falcon409
January 18th, 2010, 14:59
Here are a few more of KCID. I wish I had been quick enough with a screenshot, but as I was positioning the cranes and dump trucks and such in the infield, an A-321 landed right next to me. . .got my attention, lol.

Anyway, this is coming to a close pretty quick now. I need to add a flatten, although, it would appear that Iowa is pretty much flat anyway. I've positioned buildings all over the airport proper and none have shown any signs of a deviation in terrain levels, lol. Way ta' go Iowa!!!

Marvin Carter
January 18th, 2010, 15:29
Wow Ed you do nice work!!!

Wittpilot
January 18th, 2010, 15:51
Yes Ed... Amazing stuff... I love how the Charlton scenery turned out... Ever thought of doing some more scenery like that one? I would like to see some simple grass strips like that around... with maybe just a hangar or a building or two...

BOOM
January 18th, 2010, 17:05
Very nice work Falcon!!:applause:

MCDesigns
January 18th, 2010, 21:51
VERY nice work Ed, love the resolution on this one, makes a big difference :applause:

sidler
January 19th, 2010, 01:49
Excellent work Ed

What happened to Bald Mountain, Maine?

Dick

Lionheart
January 19th, 2010, 02:28
My goodness Falcon... A couple of weeks ago (it seems) you were doing grass strips.. now you are doing full scale airports???

Are you going pro this soon????