PDA

View Full Version : Can you ID what model this is...cooler system

limjack
January 17th, 2010, 14:52
As I am trying to learn about my machine and parts, I can not find any info on the cooling system they put in my computer. Anyone know what it is...shot in the dark but I know you guys...you are smart!

Thanks
Jim

Dangerous Beans
January 17th, 2010, 15:12
I don't know what it is but I don't like the look of the kinks in that hose, that must be restricting flow.

harleyman
January 17th, 2010, 15:22
Looks like an early Cool It Thermoelectric cooler to me ....

may be wrong on that...

The fan says its experimental? or something like that??? enginering Sample...Thats it...LOL

limjack
January 17th, 2010, 15:44
I don't know what it is but I don't like the look of the kinks in that hose, that must be restricting flow.

So it is possible this might not even be working since the tube is kinked. What does the system use to pump the liquid around in these units and is the fan and the liquid cooler all sold as a set?

I have owned this beast for two years now without any issues with the temp. of course that is without overclocking. But someday i may want to overclock as I learn and will have to get this fixed. Still want to know what it is though.....on info sheet just gives me "liquid cooling system".

Jim

limjack
January 17th, 2010, 16:22
WOW, got the pinch out of the hose and felt the artery open, there is life in the unit. Will go to store Monday and get a couple of hose clamps to straighten that kinked area.

Jim

harleyman
January 17th, 2010, 16:39
Jim...you can purchase new tubing for that at Lowes or Home depot...its just clear tubing used for pools..

or go to danger den and get some made for it..Sold by the foot along with proper clamps..

those coolers are made for OCing...

As long as the pump works all is good..You might want to pull it off at some point, replace the old hoses, a, refill it with Fesser coolant, and reapply paste and the unit.

Total cose about 30 bucks...The coolant is 20 bucks a quart....But it good stuff, and will not grow algee inside...i like clear tubing so you can see the condition of the water....