PDA

View Full Version : Visiting Tangmere

noddy
January 17th, 2010, 12:15

Nick C
January 17th, 2010, 12:53
Nice shots Noddy. Is that the Vampire without the VC?

calypsos
January 17th, 2010, 13:39
Great shots, its always reassuring to see your work looking right on someone else's PC too!

Those bushes are a bit bright, I guess it must be spring!! Just wish the old place looks like that today. I think that is the Alphasim Vampire, but I may be wrong.

JorisVandenBerghe
January 17th, 2010, 23:14
That's really nice. I used to fly the Vampire a lot in the good old CFS3 days...great thing. Too bad there aren't that many flying around anymore. Isn't there one flying in the UK ? I think Adam (Noonan) has a picture of it at Flickr...

Edit; have just founded. It's right here (http://www.flickr.com/photos/38757143@N03/4163975106/).

noddy
January 17th, 2010, 23:24
Yes it's the Alphasim model, and by the miracle of FSX it was Summer time on the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:PlaceName w:st="on">South</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">Coast</st1:PlaceType></st1:place>.

With regards to the Suprunov Vampire, an up date will be coming out fairly soon.

Seaking055
January 18th, 2010, 15:07
Nice Meteor line up on the hardstanding there, is that scenery or working AI ?

calypsos
January 18th, 2010, 23:01
Nice Meteor line up on the hardstanding there, is that scenery or working AI ?

It's an optional scenery addition that come with the scenery. It is very difficult to find native AI subjects to fit in with a place like Tangmere. Port-overs seem to kill frame rates.

noddy
January 18th, 2010, 23:25
What we want is a nice Meteor now.

By the way these shots were taken in DX10 mode. No issue with the runways etc.

Wings of Gold
January 19th, 2010, 07:24
If you want a beautiful FSX Meteor F.8 (goes perfectly with the static Meteor's at Tangmere), then you need to go tell Jesse Lambert (at SkyUnlimited) to release his. He is sounding like he isn't going to do a full FSX version unless he gets enough input to make the Meteor one of his priorities. Jesse frequents SOH as well.

Bill

Tweek
January 19th, 2010, 07:31
That's really nice. I used to fly the Vampire a lot in the good old CFS3 days...great thing. Too bad there aren't that many flying around anymore. Isn't there one flying in the UK ? I think Adam (Noonan) has a picture of it at Flickr...

Edit; have just founded. It's right here (http://www.flickr.com/photos/38757143@N03/4163975106/).

Ah, it's you that commented on that HDR photo! Just to let you know, I responded to that today with a video link for you.

JorisVandenBerghe
January 19th, 2010, 07:49
OT: Yeah, I saw it about an hour ago :). Your name was easy to remember as you always remind me of those brilliant Harrier pictures around (due to close) RAF Cottesmore. The sound is really very much like it was in CFS3...a high tone...and from what I have seen on YouTube it is typical indeed for early jet engines.

By the way, I think some other people would like to see some pictures as well in the photography forum ;). What lenses do you use ? I know you've got a 70-200 f/4, but except for that one, what do you use for, eg that Vampire picture ? I seem to remember something about a 400L IS USM f/5.6 ?

calypsos
January 19th, 2010, 10:18
He is sounding like he isn't going to do a full FSX version unless he gets enough input to make the Meteor one of his priorities

EEK, this is not good, just because the USAF did not use them (which is not suprising, really:icon_lol:) it loses it's appeal in the mass market place. This aircraft (even in F8 form) is one of THE classic mile stones in aviation history. Rick Piper's T Mk 7 is still hugely popular.

Tweek
January 19th, 2010, 10:59
What lenses do you use ? I know you've got a 70-200 f/4, but except for that one, what do you use for, eg that Vampire picture ? I seem to remember something about a 400L IS USM f/5.6 ?

Correct!

That Tangmere scenery does look very nice, too. I agree about the need for a Meteor aswell! Although the NF.11 is my personal favourite.

noddy
January 19th, 2010, 23:29
Be a crying shame if we didn't have a full FSX version.

My Dad worked on the NF.14 for 25 Sqn at West Malling during his National Service.

Wings of Gold
January 20th, 2010, 07:13
Jesse has requested feedback (on his SkyUnlimited Forum), so go tell him that _ I did! Bill

noddy
January 20th, 2010, 11:43
Yep just done that.