PDA

View Full Version : No Internet-connection needed!

MrReset
January 17th, 2010, 00:17
Hi folks!

On the forum at aerosoft.de (german publisher of RoF) was announced, that the need for a permanent internet-connection will be patched out of the game in the first quartal of 2010, because of the many people who claim, they did'nt buy the game because of this paranoid protection. If this means there is no Internet-connection needed or if RoF still has to be activated once isn't clear ... There is a glimpse shine o hope ...

Ferry_vO
January 17th, 2010, 02:07
Good news, but I think the internet connection is still needed when starting the game through the RoF updater which checks for new content at start up. Also you'll probably still need to log in before you start.

Snuffy
January 17th, 2010, 06:02
I for one have never seen the connection as a problem.

Anyone who has played any of these MMPOLG is always connectted to the net while playing ... this is no different.

Of course I understand with regard to folks who don't have the latest in technology as far as internet connections go, but I'm on cable and have no issues with the connection or the speed.

Dutch_P47M
February 4th, 2010, 12:08
Do not forget the main advantage could be that you do not need the newest upgrade, which is putting more load on your CPU.
What NeoQb is doing right now is to use subroutines to fix all the bugs. This is a cheap and a quick method, but is causing a huge CPUload.

MrReset
February 7th, 2010, 04:40
The developers of RoF explain the new Offline-System:

"A network connection will still be necessary for new user account and profile creation." -> http://riseofflight.com/Blogs/post/2010/02/05/LOGIN-OFFLINE-ACCESS-GRANTED!!!.aspx

So still no RoF for me ... :sleep: