PDA

View Full Version : Watt (on earth?!?!) isham

IanP
January 16th, 2010, 14:52
Thought you folks might appreciate this one...

I was just doing a test flight to check out a problem with atc IDs that a gentleman is having over at the A2A forums and came across this little gem from the ACES boo-boo catalogue.

The location is Wattisham, in the UK. I don't suggest trying land there, in anything that isn't pretty STOL or capable of a vertical landing. M'kay? ;) :d

spotlope
January 16th, 2010, 14:54
I guess the controllers wanted to be as close as possible to the action. :icon_lol:

SkippyBing
January 16th, 2010, 15:24
Different! Having been there in real life I don't remember that being in the way!

IanP
January 16th, 2010, 15:28
No. I just poked at it on Google Earth and sense at least a default-buildings-only upgrade coming on there, just to move the blinking tower to where it should be - quite some way away from the runway. :bump:

cheezyflier
January 16th, 2010, 19:11
there are a couple of places in equador or somewhere in s. america that i had to abort landing because the runways and taxi ways were full of trees.

PRB
January 16th, 2010, 19:39
Well, somebody screwed up. Look at that tower, it must be two or three feet, at least, from the centerline of the runway! What, no tape measures out there?

Lionheart
January 16th, 2010, 21:10
Well, somebody screwed up. Look at that tower, it must be two or three feet, at least, from the centerline of the runway! What, no tape measures out there?

LOLOL.....

Note also, it isnt even with the ground.. I think its hovering a good 2 inches high. 'Very' not good.. .

:applause:

centuryseries
January 17th, 2010, 02:17
and we're supposed to be hosting the olympics in 2012........

They'll have the running tracks going up through the crowds in the stadium. Not to mention the officials standing in the way of the javelin throwers because 'someone painted the dot in the wrong place' :icon_lol: