PDA

View Full Version : Warbirdsim p-51 no addon in modules

Spilot69
January 15th, 2010, 18:23
Hi I just ended up buy the warbirdsim p-51. I received a download link but no order number but when I installed the airplane I looked under the modules for addon to activate it but there is nothing under that modules. Has anyone had this problem, it never asked me to activate the gauges either like it says on the manual. I have windows 7 64 bit and wondering if anyone else is having this issue or ever had it? Tried emailing warbirdsim but guess with the weather it may take a bit.

John If you could give me any advice I'd appreciate it!

Rezabrya
January 15th, 2010, 18:35
You will need to e-mail them. Hell, they would most likely try to deactivate mine if I tried helping you! I wouldn't know what to tell you anyway.

Spilot69
January 15th, 2010, 18:48
That's what I'm afraid of lol

SpaceWeevil
January 16th, 2010, 01:21
I had exactly this problem. WBS suggested I reboot and run the installer again, so I did and sure enough next time I started FSX it was there. Whether it was the re-boot, the reinstall or just starting FSX again, who knows? This was Vista 32 mind, but it might work.

DaveQ
January 16th, 2010, 02:50
SPilot69 - when you looked at the drop-down add-on menu were you trying to 'fly' the WBS P-51? If you weren't you won't see the activation options. I now await deactivation......!!!

Hope you get there in the end, it's worth the sale price at least!

DaveQ

Spilot69
January 16th, 2010, 05:30
I was trying to fly the plane and following the manual. I didn't try the reboot and install so that I will try as soon as I get home in a couple days. Hopefully this will do the trick and will let me activate it.

delta558
January 16th, 2010, 16:06
Okay, I'm doing this blind (as I don't have my FSX computer here), but I think I remember how I solve the problem for my father and talked him through it. So here goes:

Regarding your order number, that will be a seemingly insignificant number probably referred to as your 'Cart ID' - check the initial email you had, in the 'warbirdsim order confirmation' email there is a link. Towards the end of that link, you should find "orderID=XXX&assetID=258" ,

XXX is the order ID number that you need.

Then, if you are having problems with getting the addon to show in modules, go to your main FSX folder (wherever you have it located in your hard drives). Within that, you should have a folder named "warbirdsim" - go into that, and you'll find some files. one of which is about adding the P51 to fsx startup. It's an executable file, so double click and then restart FSX. You should now be able to get the activation request as described above.

Bear with it, the aircraft really is worth it in the end - any more problems along the way drop back on here and either myself or somebody else is bound to try and help.

huub vink
January 17th, 2010, 01:56
Pffftttt, does this story never end. When this Mustang would have been a house the owner would not be able to enter or leave it due to the excessive security measures :isadizzy:.

Huub

Spilot69
January 17th, 2010, 05:37
I'm away till tomorrow night so will try your advice when I get home! Really hope it works. And Huub, I agree these security measures really is hurting the company more than doing good, they are loosing sales. And of they want to have a security they should get intouch with Fsd because theirs went flawlessly on the p-38. Hopefully it's just a glitch and will work when I get home.

Spilot69
January 18th, 2010, 20:22
Okay I solved the problem! Never had a this happen with other installers, but Windows 7 is a little crazy sometimes. I had to extract the installer to main desktop then I had to right click and run the installer as an administrator and then it worked flawlessly. Just a heads up for people.