PDA

View Full Version : panel cfg

mariereid
January 15th, 2010, 14:27
Sorry to bother ya, again. I have Morton's Zero packs, and find I am firing high (very top of sight) I went to the panel cfg and noticed the entries were quite different. I saw VIEW-FORWARD-DIR=6.200, 0.000, 0.000. I changed the 6 to 5 and ended up looking out at my left wing. I have made similar adjustment in 1% aircraft with no problems. How do I make this adjustment in Morton's beautiful panels? :ernae:

Sorry, again, guys; I starting moving it down in 0.2 increments, and it is working fine.

tonybones2112
January 15th, 2010, 15:07
Dude, that's weird. All respect to other panel makers, Morton is my first choice for a panel in a Zero aircraft. Below is the setting for Mortin's panel in my main Zero, the stock CFS2 with Eric's combat trainer texture(orange undersurface):

VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=2.750, 0.000, 0.000

My question is how do you set the center for panel.cfg files that don't have these "view" lines, an example for instance being the stock Hellcat?

I'd just keep playing with the numbers, I took one whole day doing nothing but zeroing sights for some of my favorite planes.

Bones

Bones

mariereid
January 15th, 2010, 15:20
Thanks T bone. I think I just tried to make too big a change all at once. I'm down to 4.300 and still working my way down. I love Morton's panels. I have not put them in any stock aircraft. I just put 6 stock cfs2 installs on my pc. When I get some time, I'll try his panels in the stock aircraft. :ernae:

P.S.

I set it at 2.000, than seems pretty darn close. Shot up some bombers, real good. Thanks, t bone.

tonybones2112
January 15th, 2010, 16:02
Thanks T bone. I think I just tried to make too big a change all at once. I'm down to 4.300 and still working my way down. I love Morton's panels. I have not put them in any stock aircraft. I just put 6 stock cfs2 installs on my pc. When I get some time, I'll try his panels in the stock aircraft. :ernae:
I don't use the stock panels, I don't like them or the stock engine sounds. So far Morton's Zero and AH Hurricane IIB are the only VCs I fly too. It may be the video limitations of this little policecar computer, but I'm not real impressed with a lot of the VCs, for one thing only 1 out of maybe 10 I try have gunsights.

Bones

tonybones2112
January 15th, 2010, 16:07
I have planes that have nice panels but this adjustment is not in the config file, one thing I been doing is swapping the panels out of the 1% planes that can be sighted.

Have fun, I went up against 8 GC He-111s in the AH Hurricne IIb, it was slaughter. I can't wait to get set up building missions so I can strafe in that -IIb.

Bones

Donald Piper
January 16th, 2010, 06:57
Adding the [VIEW] section to a panel.cfg that does not have one: MAKE A COPY of the panel you want to modify and save it somewhere in case you need it back! I use the stock A6M2 ZERO panel.cfg and copy the whole [VIEW] section (3-5 lines). I then open the panel.cfg of the plane I'm working with and look for the [Windows Titles] box and paste the [VIEW] section beneith it. Raising the 1st number or lowering it will raise or lower shot burst.

[VIEWS]
view_forward_WINDOWS=MAIN_PANEL
VIEW_FORWARD_ZOOM=0.5
VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=2.6, 0.0, 0.0

Adjust 2.6 up or down for effect to raise or lower shot burst. don

mariereid
January 16th, 2010, 07:06
DP; you know in 4 or 5 yrs, I might of thought of that myself! I will have to put this info in my paper files, thanks.:salute:

p14u2nv
January 17th, 2010, 17:05
You know mariereid hitting the plus or minus signs whether on purpose or on purpose will definitely throw the gun sights out...you know to change the view aspect. If all of a sudden my sights were off first it'd be the first thing I'd check. I guess the way to know is tap the - key to minus the screen all the way down then tap one + sign which is standard cfs2 screen distances I believe. Now check your gun sights. Are they way low now? If so you know what to do...

Sometimes it's the simplest of things to check...like is the wire plugged in sort of thing.

:USA-flag:

tonybones2112
January 17th, 2010, 18:39
Adding the [VIEW] section to a panel.cfg that does not have one: MAKE A COPY of the panel you want to modify and save it somewhere in case you need it back! I use the stock A6M2 ZERO panel.cfg and copy the whole [VIEW] section (3-5 lines). I then open the panel.cfg of the plane I'm working with and look for the [Windows Titles] box and paste the [VIEW] section beneith it. Raising the 1st number or lowering it will raise or lower shot burst.

[VIEWS]
view_forward_WINDOWS=MAIN_PANEL
VIEW_FORWARD_ZOOM=0.5
VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=2.6, 0.0, 0.0

Adjust 2.6 up or down for effect to raise or lower shot burst. don

Don, MR, I was thinking of doing that, just been doing so much else I never got around to it, I'll go off on another gun sighting marathon. Thanks.

Bones

kwb737
January 18th, 2010, 09:25
Thank you Donald for solving the zeroing in the gun site problem for me. I knew you had to do something to the panel config. file but I just didn't know what or how. I have tried your method and it works like a charm. Now all my gun sites have a stream of lead going out dead center in my site! Thank you so much!

tonybones2112
January 18th, 2010, 20:12
I have the Ki-106 mod for Akemi-san's Ki-84 Frank, in setting this plane up I have a little ritual I go through when I make a plane ready to fly:

New panel if I don't like the stock
Add engine sounds.
Zero the gunsight in panel.cfg and Free Flight
Go into the .dp and set the gunstation line for weapons effectiveness to the 1% standard

I've found the panel setting for center retical on the gunsight(I use a gunsight I got over in the Outhouse and warehoused the stock)varies from plane to plane. Tedious but it's fun to set your plane up.

Bones