PDA

View Full Version : You Too Can Do It!

EasyEd
January 15th, 2010, 10:52
Hey All,

Stumbled across another amazing photographer - Chip Phillips.

Here is his bio...

Thanks for taking the time to visit my website. My name is Chip Phillips, and I am a professional musician and photographer living in Spokane, Washington. I became interested in photography in 2006 when my dad gave me his old Pentax Spotmatic 35mm SLR film camera. Using it was pretty challenging, and being someone who is driven in life by challenges, I became hooked. I am most passionate about outdoor landscape photography, and often compare this type of photography to fishing. You can spend all day out on the water without catching a thing, but still have a great time. As a photographer I can stand out in the middle of nowhere in thick storm clouds for a sunrise shot, not get anything, but still have a great time just being there. (Although a blazing sunrise is always a bonus!). I'm looking forward to developing my own unique style of photography and posting many more images along the way. Thanks again for looking at my photography, and have a nice day.

Here is his site... http://chipphillipsphotography.smugmug.com/

Amazing work for someone taking pictures for only 3 years! The inland series on the Palouse is my favorite.

So - like me - take heart - even if still stumbling through photography and camera basics look where you can get in a relatively short time.

-Ed-

Kiwikat
January 15th, 2010, 12:40
Many of those shots are excellent! Thanks for the link. :ernae:

I especially like the mountains and lakes section. I wish Wisconsin had mountains. :\

JorisVandenBerghe
January 16th, 2010, 04:48
Incredible :salute:! Thanks for posting!

Will, at least there are mountains in the US ;-). Can't say that of Belgium (also known as the-nearly-as-flat-as-a-runway land ;) )...only things around here are some hills, coming only just over 800m :mixedsmi:.

Chacha
January 16th, 2010, 07:07
Thanks for sharing Ed,

Fabulous pictures....

Real cool photographer. His subjects are impressive!

Cazzie
January 16th, 2010, 08:25
Ed, I have to say, those are some brilliant and vivid color shots. It is obvious he has the natural touch with composite and lighting. Dreamy stuff. Thanks for the link.

Caz

Panther_99FS
January 16th, 2010, 14:08
:applause::applause::applause: