PDA

View Full Version : Pirates!

whitehawk_2009
January 15th, 2010, 05:45
I have noticed something perusing this forum. Pirates are viewed as vape-bait, a way to relive frustration. Does nobody here have the urge to, say, harass merchant vessles, take them over, and hock them on the black market or use them for your own devices?

Or am I the only one?:rocket:

Can this even be done in-game?

WH

harleyman
January 15th, 2010, 05:51
Just don't get me yet...I am still aimlessly flying about.......

GT182
January 15th, 2010, 08:08
You can, but if they are "Friendlies" you will lose recognition. Then everyone who is supposed to be your friendl is bracketed in red and are beaucoup PO'd at you. You will not know who is friend or foe until you regain Recognition with them.

I had it happen after taking out a "Friendly" convoy of 2 ships on a mission for a 'person' I did not know was a pirate. After docking a Friendly base and selling goods they needed, I regained Recognition and all was well. I lost my Argon Police License because it was an Argon convoy. I'm still working on getting that back. Without it you do not get paid by Argon for taking out their Foes.

Lionheart
January 15th, 2010, 10:24
A couple of guys here like to 'pirate' about.

Like Gary says, you have to find places where you can call home as you are outcast by the various systems and sectors and races. You can dock at pirate controlled sectors to get supplies.

Mike can tell you about ways to do it and live a while longer.

Bill

gigabyte
January 15th, 2010, 14:16
Playing the Pirate Role is very much a part of the game, there is a guide dedicated to that style, but as Gary and Bill mentioned it is a lonely existance. If you are into constant conflict and real challenge it is the way to go. If you are interested in being a "Pirate" check out this link it does look interesting and I have thought of giving it a try myself, perhaps I will do just that next week when I get back.

http://www.thexuniverse.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18396

GT182
January 15th, 2010, 15:55
Ahhhh the Dark Side of X3. Thanks for that link Mike. :applause:

Bill, I found I could still dock in Argon Prime but only at my HQ with no problems. I could dock at other stations in AP but they would not sell or buy. I had to go to another sector and find an Argon Free Trading Station that needed what I was carrying in order to sell and regain my recognition. I didn't have to go to a pirate sector so I wouldn't be shot at. I could actually travel any place I wanted and no one took shots at me. I didn't really check for Priates so I don't know if I was a friend to them or not. You can also go in your list of Friend or Foe and check to see your standing. I did change Friend to Foe for Argon and then changed back to Friend. Maybe that too had something to do with it.. but I don't know.