PDA

View Full Version : A Game Oddity

harleyman
January 15th, 2010, 04:59
As you well know...Docking and auto docking are not going so well for me...I found something intresting this morning..

Selecting a station..Them comm them for docking permission, If I select auto dock, it imediately tells me docking aborted...But the docking hud still is there...So If I click on the station again, it says the same, docking aborted , this time the docking hud goes away....

Then I can Comm again, get the green light, and manually go dock there...

But Always , while still 10-25 klicks out, once permission is given to dock, it always follows with permission denied..Selecting again, I can manually dock every time..

To me this is very odd...My procedures are spot on manually each time I fly the lights dead center...

I will do more testing and maybe better documentation of the events...

this is on both machines too...

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Chacha
January 15th, 2010, 05:13
Mason,

You may be too fast ...... slow down your speed....

Once you got permission to land, you have to line up with the Light (it should be Green) indicator....

Like when you are driving, be sure you are in lane, If you are not you get a red light flashing, watch your speed limit as well... no over speeding or you will get a ticket.... LOL :isadizzy:

You will get used to it... be sure you dock on the right (not wrong) side....

I had issues with that as well when I was starting.... I learned it the hard way! :bump:

You almost there.... :ernae:

GT182
January 15th, 2010, 05:14
Where are you trying to dock at... Sector, Station type and Race. There are some that do not and will not let you dock..... they don't like you or you don't have enough recognition to dock with them. ;)

Or they are the Enemay. :bump: Check yo Friend/Foe status too. ;)

harleyman
January 15th, 2010, 05:48
Ok... Just gave another try...

Starting at 17.7 Km out .... Speed was 36M/S

Just under the red light *To fast* warning

Dead lined up with the green dock light

No ships near

4 times inbound I got *Docking Aborted*

I kept using COMM, getting permission , green light, same as above each time.....

Hmmmmm very odd

but I did finally get into the ship Bay and dock

harleyman
January 15th, 2010, 05:55
Here I go..Oh yea..

i changed ships too..thanks for that tip..

Lionheart
January 15th, 2010, 10:20
but I did finally get into the ship Bay and dock

Congrats HM! Good to hear.

I hardly ever manually dock. Maybe twice a week, and thats with hours of flying time.

GT182
January 15th, 2010, 10:40
Mason, could it have been a ship that was too big and the station wouldn't let you dock? I imagine some docks will have ship size as a restriction. Especially any where you dock inside.

harleyman
January 15th, 2010, 12:31
Well as shown in my pic above, i did get it in and docked manually, , but it kept killing my attempts , but I got in..

I think I will just auto dock for a bit, and puzzle this out some other time....But I like to dock...LOL

Move on I say..

yea Bill...that was a great tip on switching ships...very cool.....Thanks

Marlin
January 15th, 2010, 14:04
I never auto dock, it takes to long.

I haul ass toward the station up to the point where I can open the comms menu ( C ) then press ( 1 ) to ask for docking. As soon as the I get permission ( when that green spinning thing shows up) I keep hauling ass toward that destination. Right after I get permission I hit the ( Esc ) button so that don't smash into the dock while listening to the bla bla bla that you get every time.

That little red down arrow is always on until I get into the lane. Most of the time I get the docking has been aborted, now just as long as you didn't change your target it is as simple as C , 1 , Esc and then you are granted permission again. Continue on course sir and don't smash INTO the dock and you'll be fine.

Works great for me :salute:

harleyman
January 15th, 2010, 15:05
I never auto dock, it takes to long.

I haul ass toward the station up to the point where I can open the comms menu ( C ) then press ( 1 ) to ask for docking. As soon as the I get permission ( when that green spinning thing shows up) I keep hauling ass toward that destination. Right after I get permission I hit the ( Esc ) button so that don't smash into the dock while listening to the bla bla bla that you get every time.

That little red down arrow is always on until I get into the lane. Most of the time I get the docking has been aborted, now just as long as you didn't change your target it is as simple as C , 1 , Esc and then you are granted permission again. Continue on course sir and don't smash INTO the dock and you'll be fine.

Works great for me :salute:

Thats about what I do, but without as much speed..i just keep requesting till i'm docked..

I agree marlin..Auto docking is slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ! LOL

GT182
January 16th, 2010, 11:51
I agree marlin..Auto docking is slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ! LOL

Auto dock and use the j key[SETA]. It'll go faster. ;) LOL

harleyman
January 16th, 2010, 14:29
I did not know you could use SETA docking....

I will have to try that too..

You all have taught me so much already...

I have notes everywhere..Yesterday I printed them all out....YEA... I am typically not that organized...

GT182
January 16th, 2010, 15:33
In the AMS Gunbus mod I'm using Mason, auto docking is even faster when you are close to a station you want to dock at. Select Auto Dock and poof, you are docked. Now that's fast. LOL

IanP
January 16th, 2010, 15:39
Yes, that was definitely a useful feature of the AMS mod... I however have been using SETA to dock since I discovered I could do it on about my third flight. ;)

I just captured a Xenon L when the pilot ejected. Pity it is just a hull with no weapons, add-ons or shineys really, but hey, cool. It's bigger than my little n00bfighter. :icon_lol:

GT182
January 16th, 2010, 16:00
Ian, haul it off and sell it. No guns, no need for that ship I'd say.

Yeah, the AMS Gunbus mod spices things up a bit. At least I'm not as frustrated in it like I was with the Vanilla TC.

Oops, I keep calling it the Gunbus mod when it's really the Apricot Mapping Service Mod. :redface:

Lionheart
January 16th, 2010, 17:03
I would get the cheat main pack and update the fighter with guns and the fight command, then you can order it into a fight with you.

Thats my own thoughts.. I do that all the time now. If I come accross a ship for nearly nothing, I invest in updating it and make it part of the fleet.

But.. If you need money, selling ships is like liquid assets..

Mason,

Yes, you can autodock and hit J key to go to warp or SETA. I do it all the time when I am in a hurry, and the game see's it as warping time.

But... If you are requesting a manual dock when 10 to 20 clicks out, you are getting timed-out. You should request landing or docking when about 2 to 5 clicks out.

Bill

DX-FMJ
January 16th, 2010, 18:50
man im looking at trying this game soon!

aeronca1
January 16th, 2010, 18:57
And another one bites the dust! The Xaddict group meets here regularly and we are all non-judgemental... As long as you kill pirates!

gigabyte
January 16th, 2010, 19:30
In the AMS Gunbus mod I'm using Mason, auto docking is even faster when you are close to a station you want to dock at. Select Auto Dock and poof, you are docked. Now that's fast. LOL

Gary the reason you are getting almost Instant Docking is because the AMS mod includes the Docking Computer in most if not all the Ships, which give you the instant dock if you are within range somewhere between 3-10 KM's I think.

For those who find docking with the autopilot slow - read EVERYONE look at the equipment docks for a Docking Computer, as I recall they are not very costly and they are the ticket to save time docking with any station or cap ship. Oh if you get the Docking Computer installed, I believe the default key is Shift + d, target the station (or carrier) hit the Docking Computer command and :pop4: you are docked, no requesting permission, no lining up, quick and easy.

GT182
January 17th, 2010, 05:25
Yes, it is in the AMS mod... quick and easy. You can also request Auto Dock once with the DC where it takes time, but if you request Auto Dock the second time it's :pop4: and you are docked. I'll do that if I'm in a hurry.