PDA

View Full Version : OZx Releases Tuscany 110 + an upgrade for everyone who had 1.0

JayKae
January 15th, 2010, 00:52
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THE INDICATED FILESIZE IS SHOWING DOUBLE WHAT IT SHOULD BE DUE TO HAVING MULTIPLE MIRRORS RUNNING, THE DOWNLOAD SOFTWARE ADDS UP THE SIZE OF EACH LINK, ONCE THINGS CALM DOWN I WILL REVERT BACK TO ONE MAIN SERVER AND THE FILESIZE WILL BE RESTORED TO NORMAL

The Upgrade has now been released click http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=982 to downnload! ~200MB
The New Full Version has been released click http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=790 to download! ~1GB

I would like to take the opportunity to thank Maurizio and his team of designers for an amazing job, your input into scenery design and what photoreal can be is nothing short of amazing and guys, that castle... to drool over!

Official press release

OZx is proud to release the expected upgrade to the version 1.1 of North Tuscany photoreal, Italy!
As in the previous version, where people had a sensation of full immersion in this new concept of photoreal, this upgrade wants to improve the autogen of the already covered area, adding anyway a new zone, Lucca and its environment.

The coast from Marina di Pisa to Lido di Camaiore has been fully implemented with the autogen, along as the wonderful area of Puccini lake. Inside the Apuan Alps (provided with mesh developed by Holger Sandmann), another fantastic lake, the late of Vagli, with its little city.

Beautiful landmark 3d objects have been added, we speak about the famous miracles' square in Pisa (developed by Dario Bortot) and an ancient castle, the castle of Malaspina, in Massa (developed by Loreno Venanti). The Isle of Elba and other cute islands are also availables here (developed by Antonio C.)

All the territory is perfect to be flown also at the sunset or in the night, a real experience with the well experimented true nightlights system. Fluidity and hi graphic details, a project by Maurizio G.
This release will be the base to cover the entire area with the autogen, and to develop completely in 3D the town of Lucca too (already in progress).

Two options are availables: the full pack Tuscany 1.1 and only the upgrade, for those who already have the version 1.0. Only for your FSX SP2, 1mt/pixel res, summer and spring seasons. Don't miss it!!!!

Enjoy guys !

Dino Cattaneo
January 15th, 2010, 01:10
Great news!

This scenery is nothing short of exceptional! I could be biased as I have been serving at the 46ma Brigata Aerea in Pisa during my military service back in 2000... but the overall quality is amazing - which becomes unbeliavable as we're talking about freeware. I also remember landing at Pisa when I was a student pilot in 1993.

One thing I'd like to suggest to improve such a great scenery would be to extend the photoreal textures a few miles to the Southern border...as approaches to Pisa from Marina di Pisa expose a lot of default terrain - which detracts a bit from the illusion of being there.

But again, GREAT scenery.

Dain Arns
January 15th, 2010, 07:07
Outstanding! :jump:

This is a fun area to explore. Now there's more to enjoy! :applause:

Maurizio G
January 15th, 2010, 14:43
Jay was faster than me eheheh :) I hadn't seen this post so i made my post too... sorry for this!!!
thanks for the comments guys, Dino is not wrong (also lucky to be part of the air force!), i am making Tuscany step by step, for sure in the future i will extend the area. The problem is the autogen.... i would like that the already covered area was entirely implemented with autogen, but since it's all manual work, it takes a lot of time. For this reason i preferred to stay in this area trying to complete it in this way :)

Henry
January 15th, 2010, 18:58
just upgraded have not tried it yet
thanks
H:guinness:

JayKae
January 17th, 2010, 21:19
I do not mean to bump this because I am part owner of OZx, the reason I am bumping this is because the last version was downloaded over 6000 times and the new much improved version is not being downloaded as much yet. Not sure why but just to reiterate, it is a massive improvement over the old file :)

Don't shoot me for bumping please:engel016:

Dain Arns
January 17th, 2010, 21:43
I'm going to probably be sounding blunt here, sorry. :redf:

Probably because downloading from RapidShare is a real pain in the hind end.
It's not one of my favorite file providers personally, I've never liked their tactics, and I'm not going to pay for a premium account.
RapidShare only seems to be friendly if you hand over cash.
Otherwise they really seem to clamp down on the 'free' access.

It took me a day and a half of trying to access the RapidShare server before it allowed me a chance to download it.
Plus the file is in .rar file format, which I know in the past has turned folks off. I'm okay with it.
But frankly, I was really about ready to not even try getting it anymore with the RapidShare downloading limitations until I got the break this morning.
I have to assume other folks are experiencing that as well. :isadizzy:

I'm glad I did finally get to download the upgrade, it ended up being worth the hassle.
Beautiful job.
But my suggestion, you can take it or not, is to find a different file sharing service next time. :wavey:

Thanks, though I really appreciate the upgrade! :applause:

spotlope
January 17th, 2010, 21:49
I can't seem to download it for some reason... just keeps timing out. I'll try again tomorrow and see if I have better luck. Jay, that might have something to do with it. Oops, Dain beat me to the punch. I'm just echoing his comments.

JayKae
January 17th, 2010, 21:52
Uh hey mate, if you have a look on the page, there is a big green bar ...

http://www.fsfiles.org/imagehost/uploads/1263844745.png

That will take you to the direct download, the Rapidshare and MegaUpload links are just there for those who want to use those download facilities, the main download is however housed on my main servers :)

JayKae
January 17th, 2010, 21:54
Ok, I will put a notification up on the page about this as soon as I come home :)

spotlope
January 17th, 2010, 22:01
Geez, I missed that entirely. Possibly because I was scanning left to right, top to bottom, and expecting the download link in the lower right. Not an excuse, I know, but one of those UI things that a lot of us have come to lean on. Downloading now! :salute:

EDIT: One other thing occurred to me (not to nitpick, honest), but part of the problem might be something called "ad blindness". The upload link is in a separate area, just above a box of other links to OZx downloads, but on first scan that block looks a little like like a Google AdWords box, or some of the other text ads we see on blogs from time to time. I think that's another reason I skipped it; I just discounted the entire section of the page, figuring that the content I wanted was in the right column. The more I study humans and their browsing habits, the more bizarre and fascinating things come to light. Anyway, the download is slurping onto my drive as I type this. Can't wait to check it out!

Dain Arns
January 17th, 2010, 22:12
Uh hey mate, if you have a look on the page, there is a big green bar ...

That will take you to the direct download, the Rapidshare and MegaUpload links are just there for those who want to use those download facilities, the main download is however housed on my main servers :)

Uh, hey mate.
If you scroll down down to read the description, like I'm sure 99% of the folks do, that download bar is no longer visible since it's completely at the top of the page. ;) (See attached picture)
Natural progression is to keep scrolling down to look for the link. That's where your attention is drawn to.
It's easy for you to find, you know it's there. :173go1:

Maybe next time embed that green download button below, or another one, in the description? :icon_lol:
Just a thought....

JayKae
January 17th, 2010, 22:23
I wasn't being a smartypants by the way, no offense intended :)

JayKae
January 17th, 2010, 23:21
Ok, I have completely altered the main download pages for the files, can you guys have a look and see what you think ? Please?

Dain Arns
January 17th, 2010, 23:54
Actually just having the little animated red arrow helps a lot.
It draws your eye right to that spot to download. :applause:
LOL. I would have preferred to use your OZx server link instead of struggling with RapidShare. :isadizzy:
Thanks a lot, JayKae!

JayKae
January 18th, 2010, 00:05
No worries! Glad I actually posted in here cause it was eluding me as to why the download amount was less than the initial downloads :) Thanks heaps for the feedback guys!

Henry
January 18th, 2010, 05:26
I saw the rapid share first
but then i saw the other download button
and got it that way
but it was a little confusing
thanks for fixing it
H