PDA

View Full Version : What is it?

mariereid
January 13th, 2010, 15:52
Hi guys; I have been beating my files trying to get Rhump's scenery, stock coastline and pactex all working. My scenery cfg has the 2 dems in there. I am sending 5 photo's, hoping some scenery wizard can tell me what I am looking at. Henderson, Wewak, 2 port Moresy, Tsili Tsili, all stock. Thanks. :salute:

Oh yeah, should I, can I, delete these photos after a couple of days?

Rami
January 13th, 2010, 16:11
Mariereid,

The answer to your second question is easy...you go to "User CP" (second drop down menu bar, on the far left) and in the drop-down menu, click on "user control panel." Once in that area, go down the list on the left and look for a select button named "attachments." That will give you a list of all attached files (.zip files, .txt files, pics, etc.) that you have uploaded. You may delete them any time you like.

I am unclear on your first question. Could you please clarify what exactly you are referring to?

bobhegf
January 13th, 2010, 16:57
The 1st is Henderson Field, not sure about the rest.

mariereid
January 14th, 2010, 01:41
Sorry guys; Does this look like: Rhump's work + stock coastlines + pactex? I have been trying to get that combination. I have tried using Rhump's stuff minus the watermasks, and ended up with gray water and very untextured coastlines. Rami, I have just been reading your DEI install, again. Should I use: Rhump's stuff minus the watermasks (I am not sure where his coastlines are, just assumed they were in watermasks), the cfs2afrwater and Ettico's flattens? I am pretty sure my pc will be able to deal with frame rates. I must confess, I did not try using the cfs2afrwater and flattens yet. I am going to give it another shot today, on a stock install. I will have to download a rar file opener to get the afrwater. One last thing, after I do all this, should I then install pactex? Well, I am giving it another shot, if the wife stops yakking at me, maybe I will get it right. Thanks.:salute:

Rami
January 14th, 2010, 06:12
Mariereid,

Yes, you're on the right track, it looks right. The way I'm doing the Pacific is to have Rhumba's LOD mesh, but not the watermasks. You then use Rhumbaflappy's older coastlines which I provided a link to.

With regards to textures, that's up to you. What you have looks very nice.

For the flattens, if you feel your computer can handle them, Ettico's version is preferred. I simply can't run them and use MB effectively.

Here's a link for a .rar file opener: http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

Unless you're operating a 64-bit system, make sure to select for a 32-bit system.

mariereid
January 14th, 2010, 08:25
Thanks, Rami. I am getting set to do the cfs2arfwaters and Give Ettico's flattens a go. I downloaded a rar file opener. The last time I used one, I could no longer open a file before I downloaded it. When I get a moment I will get rid of the one I got and try the 1 you sent me. I want to get the scenery right for this, so I will have an install for any futher stuff you do in the PTO. Thanks, again. Oh yeah, about the photos, do they use up space or resources?:salute::ernae:

mariereid
January 14th, 2010, 15:50
Man, what a struggle! I think I finally got Rami's DEI up and running. Here's a couple of photos. Hope I'm in the right place! I have a couple of questions about aircraft, but that can wait.

Rami
January 14th, 2010, 16:04
Mariereid,

Yeah...that looks about right. The good news is...once you get the basic scenery and objects installed, that's typically a one-time installation. This "base" I typically use in all my campaigns.

P.S. - If you're flying for the Dutch you're in for a rough ride.

mariereid
January 15th, 2010, 03:00
Thanks, Boss; Yeah, I got shot down while I was just having a look around! Boy, I don't know how you guys do this stuff, but I sure am glad you do! It looks real good and I know it's gonna be tough! I better copy it to a disc, before I screw something up. I have a few minor (very minor) problems that I will look into. Thanks, Rami, your install info was great! Oh yeah, Ettico's flattens are tough on fps, I saw a few low 20's, now and then, but I can live with that. In fact, with a few more tweaks........, I better back up what I have first. Thanks, for doing this for us, Rami. :medals::salute::ernae: