PDA

View Full Version : HISTORY CHANNEL & D.H.MOSQUITO

Fibber
January 13th, 2010, 15:29
For those of you that recieve tha channel, The History Channel right now has a good program airing concerning the D.H. Mosquito and some of the pilots. The were saying that many missions were flown at 50 feet or less!

Collin
January 13th, 2010, 17:06
For those of you that recieve tha channel, The History Channel right now has a good program airing concerning the D.H. Mosquito and some of the pilots. The were saying that many missions were flown at 50 feet or less!

This quite true, but it could and did lead to tragedy.

When flying low over the North Sea, the cockpit would get covered in salt spray, this would dry leaving a white covering which obscured vision out. In at least one case this led to bombing of the wrong target (a school) with a large loss of life.
Other times aircraft would collide with tall lamp-posts in marshalling yards and telephone wires.

regards Collin:ernae:

bobhegf
January 13th, 2010, 17:47
I found some info that I think is interesting.The Mosquito didn`t carrie any protection for the crew but because of its speed and the way it handled if a german pilot got one he got credit for two kills.This says alot about the aircraft and the crews that flew them.

Rockster234
January 13th, 2010, 20:18
That is a good documentary...........

I think that's where I first saw the Amiens Prison Raid footage...........

and ........

speaking of the Dehavilland Mosquito............

I was at the magazine rack.......and there is a FlyPast January issue totally dedicated to Mossie.........most of you have probably seen it.

There is a big advert for a realistic........very accurate die cast .......showing some very good Amiens Prision as the spread........

PJMack
January 13th, 2010, 20:18
I am really enjoying this model. Perhaps someone in the know could ask the creators at AH if it could be uploaded?