PDA

View Full Version : Russian Tanks

achim27619
January 13th, 2010, 12:51
Barbarossa is nothing without Russian tanks.
I don' t have any in my archives.

Can anyone help?

Cheers

Achim

blohmundvoss
January 13th, 2010, 13:26
Hi Achim

Xavier & Silvia's Soviet Vehicle packs include a few tanks amongst all the other goodies like trucks and artillery.

I've got three sets of CFS1 Soviet (and some German tanks) by James Elwood/Steve Seybolt that Tango Romeo converted for CFS2 but they go back to 2003 and I can't remember where I downloaded them now.

Anyone else know these? They came as vehicle library object collections : efrtanks, rusnobj1, Rusntank

I hope this helps.

Cheers
BuV

p.s. love the new airfields. Please keepup the great work!

Nole
January 13th, 2010, 13:53
These tanks and vehicles are included in the Fox Four Korean campaign packs, but I don't remember which one. Trucks, Halftracks, Katushas, T-34s, T-34/85s, IS-1s and KV-1s....if memory serves.

blohmundvoss
January 13th, 2010, 13:56
These tanks and vehicles are included in the Fox Four Korean campaign packs, but I don't remember which one. Trucks, Halftracks, Katushas, T-34s, T-34/85s, IS-1s and KV-1s....if memory serves.

Doh!

I suppose TR was the clue really . . .

Cheers
BuV

PSULLYKEYS
January 13th, 2010, 15:04
I've got some, believe they were GC, let me check Achim.:salute:

Dirtman
January 13th, 2010, 15:21
Yo Achim;

If you look in Ajax's "Normandie-Niemen" campaign, in the "Kuban Bridgehead" objects folder you'll find some of the tanks & guns you are looking for.

Here's the link: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=3449 (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/../index.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=3449)

I know there are more Soviet tanks out there, just can't remember where they are either. :isadizzy:

PSULLYKEYS
January 13th, 2010, 16:35
Found it.......don't know where its from, check your email:
barbarosa_missing_objects.zip:guinness:

Ravenna
January 13th, 2010, 16:39
I have some Soviet tanks and self-propelled guns (other than the ones already mentioned) but they are a bit over scale. Still, they look good on a strafing run and from a distance. I am fairly sure that they were made by Steve (?) Seyboldt, who also made an early Pe-2 for CFS2. Now you are testing my poor old brain!
Just a thought....could someone go into these files and scale them down?

Ravenna
January 13th, 2010, 17:11
Just checked the above. The self-propelled gun is still available at Simviation. the following are made by James Elwood from API file by Steve Seybolt:
t60dtank - Russian T-60 Light Tank
kv1dtank - Russian KV-1 Medium Tank
t34dtank - Russian T-34 Medium Tank
is2dtank - Russian IS-2 Medium Tank

I'd call the KV-1 and the IS-2 HEAVY tanks. I also came across DPs in my EF install for a Soviet Valentine tank and a Soviet Matilda, but I'm still trying to figure out where I got them.

achim27619
January 13th, 2010, 22:36
Thank you guys,

this forum is amazing.
If you have a question you have brilliant answers almost before you have hit the submit button.

Thanks again.

Achim

Shadow Wolf 07
January 14th, 2010, 05:36
Some of those would be unsuitable for the Barbarossa time frame. For example the IS/JS-2 and the T-34/85 and SP Arty would have appeared later in the war. The term SP Arty is a misnomer. Except for the multiple rocket launcher systems (like the BM-13) the Sovs didn't really have any. Their indirect fore artillery was towed. The SU-76, SU-85, SU-100, SU-122 and SU-152 were heavily armored and classified as "assault guns", used primarily as direct fire (not indirect like true artillery) support weapons and sometimes as tank destroyers. Not sure about the SU-76, but the SU-85/100/122/152 appeared much later than bararossa.

dombral
January 14th, 2010, 05:51
Some of those would be unsuitable for the Barbarossa time frame. For example the IS/JS-2 and the T-34/85 and SP Arty would have appeared later in the war. The term SP Arty is a misnomer. Except for the multiple rocket launcher systems (like the BM-13) the Sovs didn't really have any. Their indirect fore artillery was towed. The SU-76, SU-85, SU-100, SU-122 and SU-152 were heavily armored and classified as "assault guns", used primarily as direct fire (not indirect like true artillery) support weapons and sometimes as tank destroyers. Not sure about the SU-76, but the SU-85/100/122/152 appeared much later than bararossa.

the soviet tanks and vehicules are in the Xavier "Nomohan campaign" in SOH

dombral
January 14th, 2010, 07:08
the soviet tanks and vehicules are in the Xavier "Nomohan campaign" in SOH

they are in simouthouse adds on CFS2 other 3 files : soldiers; vehicules 1 ; vehicules 2

Nole
January 15th, 2010, 10:44
Silvia also did some nice early-war BT armored cars. I have them, but I don't know if they are available for download anywhere since her site went down.

oldwheat
January 15th, 2010, 11:01
Waiting for her permission to upload them.