PDA

View Full Version : 'Montoya'

Panther_99FS
November 2nd, 2008, 14:35
Boy did he sure get deliberately taken out...:isadizzy:

Panther_99FS
November 2nd, 2008, 16:59
And Jimmy Spencer totally defended Montoya & slammed David Gilliland on "NASCAR Victory Lane"...:applause:

smoores
November 2nd, 2008, 19:34
I would be surprised if Gilliland races next week. That was one dangerous place to even consider wrecking a guy.

Panther_99FS
November 2nd, 2008, 20:05
I would be surprised if Gilliland races next week. That was one dangerous place to even consider wrecking a guy.

Tough to say since NASCAR doesn't really like open-wheelers in the series....

But Jimmy Spencer did say that he'd lost all respect for Gilliland as driver....

wombat666
November 2nd, 2008, 21:51
Tough to say since NASCAR doesn't really like open-wheelers in the series....

But Jimmy Spencer did say that he'd lost all respect for Gilliland as driver....

Stay tuned ......... as I mentioned after Surfers, 2009 may well see the return of an 'Open Wheel Diver Free NASCAR'.
:d

Panther_99FS
November 3rd, 2008, 05:08
Hmmm....
Personally, I think that if Ganassi sells his part of the operation (which has NEVER been successful, even when it was just Felix Sabates) then Montoya might move...

EasyEd
November 3rd, 2008, 17:27
Hey All,

I didn't see the Gilliland/Montoya thing as I was switching back and forth between Bull Riding (it's the finals) and the race. Guiherme Marchi is on his way to a well deserved Championship - Brazilians are such good bull riders (even better than they are F1 drivers - course the F1 drivers are better at shootin the bull :d) - anyway I love watching the Brazilian riders and JB Mauney and Justin McBride ride bulls. Don't worry about it it's a Montana cowboy thing I suffer from bein raised there (for the most part) - it isn't likely contagious. :costumes: Anyway I didn't see the wreck but all I've read says Gilliland needs to be parked for the rest of the year. I tend to believe it.

I'm mostly a NASCAR guy - even Panther says I have a bias! :costumes: But I'll say straight out I like Juan Pablo Montoya and I think he is one H of a stock car driver. He has done so much in terms of improving on all kinds of tracks and really learning the ropes and earning respect even in equipment that is not the best. I would love to see what he can do in first rate equipment! So many other open wheelers come and go cause they really don't have what it takes but JPM is I think the real deal.

-Ed-

PS One HECK of a lot of suspicion about how far Carl can go on a tank of gas! I ain't worried yet - Jimmy has won the last couple races where they are headed next.

wombat666
November 3rd, 2008, 21:17
So many other open wheelers come and go cause they really don't have what it takes but JPM is I think the real deal.

No Ed, as Dario very quietly put it just after he stuck the Dallara in the top five at Surfers, "The open wheeler boys were not born in the right country".
:isadizzy:

Panther_99FS
November 4th, 2008, 04:26
I have to agree with Easy Ed.

Montoya definitely has the "right stuff" to race in NASCAR...

Unfortunately, he's on the "wrong team" that has never been winner - even before Montoya and even before Ganassi when it was just Felix Sabates racing...

wombat666
November 4th, 2008, 07:29
I have to agree with Easy Ed.

Montoya definitely has the "right stuff" to race in NASCAR...

Unfortunately, he's on the "wrong team" that has never been winner - even before Montoya and even before Ganassi when it was just Felix Sabates racing...

IIRC the Sabates team was originally built around Kyle Petty?
Not a good move.
I agree, JPM has definitely got the right stuff, but I doubt he'll get the chance to show his full potential.
Just like Marcus Ambrose....................another 'furriner'...........:banghead: