PDA

View Full Version : Game started to crash me on

Merlin216
January 13th, 2010, 11:24
I havent really ever had a problem with FS crashing, with the exception of a few fatal errors here and there. Lately it started to crash every time I fly. Since its started crashing, the only thing I can think of that I have done to FSX, is add a few F-16 repaints to the IRIS. Its just a flat crash to desktop, the only message I get is saying "FSX has encountered a problem" (something similar to that). Are there any files that might tell me whats happening? I cant figure out why this is happening, and dont quite want to give in an re install.

harleyman
January 13th, 2010, 11:47
Many crashes like that just to desktop are texture related, or DLL's ...

Maybe take out your textures you just added and see how it does..

Or they have tools that will scan for duplicate files that also can cause this problem

Merlin216
January 13th, 2010, 12:48
Thanks for the info. Ill look into that.

guzler
January 13th, 2010, 13:09
Have you installed BOB the man ?

This has done some funny things to my computer including duplicating traffic in UT2. All was cured after I uninstalled it. Also had a few crashes in FSX when using it. Might be way off the mark, but just throwing in an idea !

Merlin216
January 13th, 2010, 13:33
I have no idea what BOB the man is.

I looked at those textures, and I couldnt find any irregularities. My friend made them. There are 3 of us that have them, and I am the only one who crashes. I really would like to keep them if I can. Now that I think about it though, I have only crashed when those textures have been loaded.

harleyman
January 13th, 2010, 17:20
I would take them out and fly some...if the crashes stop, then you need to look at the files of the addons you removed...

Textures for duplicates

FX files for dups too maybe...

Or something that might be aliased to another folder (textures, FX, etc)

Merlin216
January 17th, 2010, 13:54
Turns out the textures arent the problem. I just flew for 4 hours from Nellis AFB, to Macdill AFB only to have my game crash on me during final. I noticed my throttles were stuck at idle, even though they were around 50 percent on my saitek throttles. I moved them forward to see if it would change, and the power went back down to idle. I threw on the auto throttles to land, and my #4 engine went to full power, while the others were at 30%. Right after that I was looking at the "flight simulator has stopped running" error. I went into the event viewer to see if there was an error report, and sure enough there was.

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: MSVCR80.dll, version: 8.0.50727.4927, time stamp: 0x4a2752ff
Exception code: 0xc000000d
Fault offset: 0x00008aa0
Faulting process id: 0x12ac
Faulting application start time: 0x01ca97a0a9ae2906
Faulting application path: F:\Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a 1e18e3b_8.0.50727.4927_none_d08a205e442db5b5\MSVCR 80.dll
Report Id: 4ee54528-03b8-11df-ad24-001e4cccf639

The faulting module is MSVCR80.dll. I looked for that on my computer, and found it under an ati folder in my documents. My display drivers are about 4 months old now, and I am having other issues so I need to upgrade. Dont see that the issue is a driver fault. Even if it is should that really effect my throttles like that?

This has worked fine for me for a while, but I have my saitek throttles set up for the individual engines, and then my X-52 throttle is still linked to engine 1. I can easily switch from my C-17 to an F-16 and not have any throttle issues, so long as the un used throttle is at idle. I havent noticed any throttle failure with my previous crashes in the F-16 though.

rvn817j
January 18th, 2010, 03:11
In the past 3 months ATI has published upgraded / fixed drivers at least 2 times. I'm using the latest ATI drivers and they are working well, i.e., have had no issues. Remember when you install new drivers to run the driver removal tool after uninstalling your old driver as this toll will remove any remnants that are not uninstalled. Like this removal tool at Guru3D -

http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/

Merlin216
January 18th, 2010, 14:17
Yeah. I updated the drivers, and now I get SimConnect.dll at fault. The game seems to love to crash when I am on final, its getting pretty annoying. Ill try repairing FSX I guess.

harleyman
January 18th, 2010, 14:35
You might want to look into that Simconnect DLL..maybe take it out and see if that is the cause...that DLL in not from FSX is it????

Merlin216
January 18th, 2010, 15:29
You might want to look into that Simconnect DLL..maybe take it out and see if that is the cause...that DLL in not from FSX is it????

I think its a pretty important component for FSX.

harleyman
January 18th, 2010, 15:35
I think its a pretty important component for FSX.

I think now looking better you are 100% correct...

I was thinking different...Maybe you can cut it out and then do a repair..

Merlin216
January 18th, 2010, 15:37
I think now looking better you are 100% correct...

I was thinking different...Maybe you can cut it out and then do a repair..

I will certainly try something like that. Its pretty ridiculous. There is nothing worse, except the game not running, in FSX than it crashing when you are on final from a long flight.

harleyman
January 18th, 2010, 15:47
I know thats frustrating....

I guess I would cut it and try a repair...

I wonder what on final has to do with simconnect though...

I am not famaliar at all with DLLs or how they work...

Merlin216
January 18th, 2010, 16:41
I know thats frustrating....

I guess I would cut it and try a repair...

I wonder what on final has to do with simconnect though...

I am not famaliar at all with DLLs or how they work...

Cant figure that out either. What bothers me, is that it kinda just randomly started. I have noticed a few things just before it happens, but at some point they stop happening and the game still crashes. Lately all my crashes have been on final, I have had some way back in the air though. I seriously cant think of anything that was changed when the crashes happened. My setup doesnt usually change often.