PDA

View Full Version : Wife is in the hospital

paiken
January 13th, 2010, 07:28
My wife Joan had a liver transplant back in July of 2008, and unfortunately it is in full rejection right now. She's in intensive care, but the doctors say that she is improving somewhat. She was on the transplant list again, but they suspended her on Monday due to how ill she was. The doctor will be meeting the transplant committee later today to discuss putting her back on the list. If that happens, she will most likely be at the top of the list. In the meantime, keep her in your thoughts and prayers and send whatever warm fuzzy feelings you have her way. All will be greatly appreciated and gratefully accepted.
Thank you
Pat

OBIO
January 13th, 2010, 07:32
Prayers are in the air for you and your wife...and all the warm fuzzy thoughts I can generate.

OBIO

Crusader
January 13th, 2010, 07:35
Pat ,

You and especially your wife Joan consider it done . My thoughts and prayers are for a positive and good outcome and I am sure with many others to follow here at SOH .

Rich

Dain Arns
January 13th, 2010, 07:57
My thoughts and prayers for your wife, paiken. Pray that she will be healed swiftly. :engel016:

Duckie
January 13th, 2010, 08:05
In accordance with Romans 8:26-28.

Amen

Steve

Snuffy
January 13th, 2010, 08:10
Petitions ascending!

Cazzie
January 13th, 2010, 08:21
Thoughts and prayers going out here too Pat.

Caz

brad kaste
January 13th, 2010, 08:32
Paiken,....I've put your wife on my prayer list.

rayrey10
January 13th, 2010, 08:44
Pat - My prayers go to your wife, you, and your family. Have faith and everything will be fine.

paiken
January 13th, 2010, 13:24
Thanks to all of you. An update...the transplant committee has reinstated Joan on the transplant list, and she is now at the top of the list. She is definitely not out of the woods yet, but making her eligible for a transplant gives her a fighting chance at survival. Again, thanks to all of you for your thoughts and prayers (especially the warm fuzzies!). I'll try to keep you all updated, but internet access here at the hospital can be somewhat spotty at times.

lifejogger
January 13th, 2010, 13:46
Thanks for the update and I will keep her on my prayer list.

jmig
January 13th, 2010, 14:05
I hope and pray for your wife's recovery. I know it has to be hard on you.

mariereid
January 13th, 2010, 14:10
Hang in there , prayers for you and your wife.

Navy Chief
January 13th, 2010, 14:18
Sorry to hear about this, Pat. Am thinking about you and your wife...

NC

gigabyte
January 13th, 2010, 14:24
All my prayers, best wishes for a quick and complete recovery to your wife and your good self...

Chacha
January 13th, 2010, 14:25
You and Joan are in our prayers...

God bless you, both....
Take good care of Joan.... :engel016:

hey_moe
January 13th, 2010, 14:34
Pat, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife, please keep us posted...Mike and staff.

cheezyflier
January 13th, 2010, 14:53
prayer en route

Lionheart
January 13th, 2010, 17:12
Your wife is now on my prayer list Paiken.

May she recover fully and better then before. Keep positive and faithful.

Bill

paiken
January 14th, 2010, 07:07
I just want to thank all of you once again for your support in this very difficult time for me and my family. Joan is stable for now, and the doctor has stated that she is at the very top of the transplant list, so the first compatible organ will be hers. She is still very gravely ill, and isn't really aware of what is going on around her, and that is the most difficult part for me. I will keep you updated as I am able, and again I want to thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers.
Pat

GT182
January 14th, 2010, 07:17
Paiken, our thoughts and prayers sent from here too.

Tom Clayton
January 14th, 2010, 09:02
Prayers done here!

harleyman
January 14th, 2010, 14:16
Prayers have been sent, and will continue for Joan and your whole family...

Keep the faith, thanks for the updates, and I will pray for the best...

Cloud9Gal
January 14th, 2010, 16:37
It saddens me that your family has to go through this. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-hug005.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Prayers are very powerful~ Remain strong in your Faith!

Blessings & Prayers for your family~ http://www.tiptopglobe.com/skin/smile/s11199.gif (http://www.tiptopglobe.com/free-smiles-smileys-emoticons-blog-forum-email)

harleyman
January 15th, 2010, 02:18
Very much hoping that no news is good news..

Hang in there guys, you continue to be in all our prayers...

Sascha66
January 15th, 2010, 04:03
Best wishes and thoughts!

paiken
January 15th, 2010, 07:41
There have been no major changes in Joan's condition in the last 24 hours. The docs have adjusted a couple of her medications, mainly to control her blood pressure. Still waiting and hoping a donor can be found in the next couple of days.
I want to thank all of you again for your support. It means a lot to me in these difficult times. My son will be flying in from New York tonight, so at least the house won't seem so empty for a few days.
Pat

harleyman
January 15th, 2010, 08:10
Thanks for the update Pat..

hang in there...You and yours have many here that care and are praying for Joans well being...

paiken
January 16th, 2010, 09:36
This morning Joan is showing "minor improvement", according to the doctor, so at least she is stable. She remains in intensive care, and we are still waiting, hoping, and praying for a transplant sometime soon. I'm not a religious person, but I do believe in the power of prayer (positive thoughts, warm fuzzies), and I truly, deeply appreciate the terrific response from all of you here. Your comments give me the strength and hope I need right now. A big thank you from me and my family for your support.
Pat

Chacha
January 16th, 2010, 09:38
Thanks for the news, Paiken

We are still praying for Joan and you!

:engel016:

harleyman
January 16th, 2010, 09:54
I would say that a *minor improvement * is a timely answer to all our prayers.. This is good news.

Now we just need the ultimate prayer answered....:engel016:

Hang tight Pat. My God performs miracles daily.

paiken
January 17th, 2010, 07:55
Joan is showing remarkable improvement today. She's responding to questions and moving around a bit. She's not out of the woods by any stretch of the imagination, but every improvement gives her a better chance for a transplant. Thanks again everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

Chacha
January 17th, 2010, 07:57
Thanks Pat for the update....

Hold on tight, God still answer prayers! :engel016:

Quicksand
January 17th, 2010, 07:58
Our prayers continue, buddy.....

jmig
January 17th, 2010, 08:12
Joan is showing remarkable improvement today. She's responding to questions and moving around a bit. She's not out of the woods by any stretch of the imagination, but every improvement gives her a better chance for a transplant. Thanks again everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

Thank goodness and keep the faith!

Snuffy
January 17th, 2010, 08:26
Renewed petitions being sent.

Lionheart
January 17th, 2010, 11:44
My prayers are sent with great faith.

I pray great healing be upon and within your wife.

Bill

Kofschip
January 17th, 2010, 15:34
Pat, my wife Joan and I are sending our prayers to your wife Joan. And you hang in there guy!!!!

Jerry

harleyman
January 17th, 2010, 16:50
Great news....Not a morning nor evening has passed without my prayers for Joan and your family....

kjb
January 17th, 2010, 17:54
Positive thoughts, warm fuzzies and mojo on the way.

A few months ago my wife got really sick and resisted going to the hospital. I finally had to call an ambulance at 4AM. She ended up in intensive care, spent a week in the hospital and three weeks in rehab. She's doing fine now, but she was at death's door for a while.

To add insult to injury, the doctor at the hospital told her she had terminal cancer. Later he came in told us he had the wrong patient!

N2056
January 17th, 2010, 17:59
Although I have not replied to this thread until now know that I have been engaged in prayers for her from the onset. :engel016:

paiken
January 18th, 2010, 13:50
Just an update to let you know that Joan will be receiving a transplant later this evening. I was contacted by the doctors this morning that a donor liver had been located, and that pending all of the tests they do to check for disease, etc. that she will likely have her surgery sometime around 9:00 p.m. local time. I'll check back later tonight or tomorrow morning to let you know the outcome. Thanks again to everyone here for all of their support. It was (and still is) greatly appreciated. :applause:
Pat

OBIO
January 18th, 2010, 14:02
paiken

That is great news...I will pray extra prayers for Joan from this time onward....

OBIO

Chacha
January 18th, 2010, 14:32
Pat,

Thanks for the update....

God answers prayers....

harleyman
January 18th, 2010, 14:40
That is great news...

we will all continue to pray for her speedy recovery....

Curtis P40
January 18th, 2010, 15:01
I pray that all goes well.

HouseHobbit
January 18th, 2010, 15:52
Your Beloved shall remain in my prayers..I hope all are doing well..
God Bless you..