http://fsaddon.eu/wpfsaddon/fsaddon-products/plum-island-fact-sheet/

SolarEagle
January 12th, 2010, 21:33
Still one of my favorite scenery packs.

http://sio.midco.net/FTP3/detroit_1.jpg

http://sio.midco.net/FTP3/detroit_6.jpg

spotlope
January 12th, 2010, 21:44
As far as I can recall, $15 has always been the price.

falcon409
January 12th, 2010, 22:04
Yep, just can't beat that for a regular price. Great place to fly out of to Cape Cod or up to Maine or to fly into from almost anywhere along the upper east coast.:salute:

wilycoyote4
January 12th, 2010, 22:05
I'm sorry. If it is not on sale then this thread started by me should be deleted by the admins. This is a misleading thread in regard to price.

IanP
January 12th, 2010, 22:40
Not really... It just shows how good Plum Island is in terms of value for money! :d

falcon409
January 12th, 2010, 22:43
Not really... It just shows how good Plum Island is in terms of value for money! :d
Yep, I'll bet there are new customers grabbing their credit cards as we speak, lol.:running:

harleyman
January 13th, 2010, 03:03
No point in removing anything that advertizes great products...:salute:

Stan V.
January 13th, 2010, 06:00
Yep, I'll bet there are new customers grabbing their credit cards as we speak, lol.:running:

...And I was prepared to be one of them. However, I just downloaded a purchase file from the fsaddon site and when I went to run it, my system told me it was not a valid Winows32 executable. Now what do I do?

Stan V.

spotlope
January 13th, 2010, 06:02
It sounds like you've got a bad download, Stan. My advice is to try downloading it again. The download provided is a standard Flight1 wrapper, so there shouldn't be any problem installing if the download isn't corrupted.

bushpilot
January 13th, 2010, 06:04
Still my virtual home in FSX. Default flight saved there in rainy autumn day. It's just perfect.

And like Patti Page sings:

"If you're fond of sand dunes, and salty air
Quaint little villages, here and there
You're sure to fall in love with old Plummie":ernae:

Nick C
January 13th, 2010, 08:32
Still 'boundin' Bill?

cvearl
January 13th, 2010, 09:02
I bought it yesterday and spent the evening doing touch an go's with various aircraft. Amazing piece of work. :salute:

So for the East Coast I fly around there and for the west I am waiting for PNW. If it's the quality of this gem, my wife may not see me for some time.

Only challenge left will be getting hooked up with an active and enthusiastic flying club that runs an MP server. ;)

If there is an active one for Plum Island, I would love to know about it. There appears to be parking for at least a dozen and a half single engine GA craft there. :)

C.

scottmm73
January 13th, 2010, 10:07
I love producing a good crosswind and taking the A2A Cub in for some touch and goes. Beautiful scenery, I still have yet to make a bird go 'splat'!!

***Real birds are not harmed in this experiment*** :173go1:

Henry
January 13th, 2010, 11:15
I'm sorry. If it is not on sale then this thread started by me should be deleted by the admins. This is a misleading thread in regard to price.
we can change the title of the thread to
anyone who reads this gets a great deal:icon_lol:
LOL
H

Francois
January 14th, 2010, 08:06
. Now what do I do?

Stan V.

Call support... that's what we run the darn forums for ! :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

CodyValkyrie
January 14th, 2010, 08:10
Great addon that I HIGHLY recommend. I even made a commercial video for it :D

HighGround22
January 14th, 2010, 08:18
And for those who're new to Plum Island, be aware that Joe Watson did a nice, tiddley little sound add-on (to the add-on), which adds another, very nice dimension to an already wonderful package, imho. Adds nice "background" sounds to the area.

If anyone has trouble finding it, I have it.

falcon409
January 14th, 2010, 08:27
. . . .Only challenge left will be getting hooked up with an active and enthusiastic flying club that runs an MP server. . . . .
If there is an active one for Plum Island, I would love to know about it. There appears to be parking for at least a dozen and a half single engine GA craft there.
C.

ala, the Emma Field Flying Club of old. We had some fun fly-ins while Emma was still around, something like that now for Plum Island would be great since, at some point, Bill will also be producing Miller's Field, which, depending on your steed of choice, could be less than 30 minutes up the coast into Maine.

I've also done at least a dozen airports around Maine, New Hampshire and Rhode Island, so there's almost no limit to the airports accessible from Plum.

Yep, an MP Server sure would be a great idea!!!:kilroy:

Stan V.
January 14th, 2010, 08:49
Call support... that's what we run the darn forums for ! :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Yeah, I know. I just wanted to ask the general population if there was an obvious first step before I bothered support. There was. I just redownloaded the purchase exe and the second time it worked like a charm. So, I am in business.

HighGround22
January 14th, 2010, 09:07
. . . I've also done at least a dozen airports around Maine, New Hampshire and Rhode Island, so there's almost no limit to the airports accessible from Plum. . . . If it's not too much time and bother, would you perhaps drop a list of them here?

I think I missed the memo on these, somehow, and it'd be very good to have some "neighborhood" fields with which to make a nice "round-robin" setup, in conjunction with Plum!

Stan V.
January 14th, 2010, 09:16

Okay, Francois, I actually did have a question for the support forum. However, when I went there and tried to register, I could see the terms of registration but there was no button on that page with which to request my registration. Now what do I do? I have to be registered in order to ask my question...????

Stan V.

JimC1702
January 14th, 2010, 09:56
I've done updates for a bunch of airports in New England. No custom buildings, but they are a big improvement over the default airports. Among them are Pittsfield MA, Worcester MA, Laconia NH, Springfield/Chicopee MA, Beverly MA, Marlboro MA, Nashua NH, Burlington VT, Concord NH, Rochester NH, and Hyannis MA. In addtion I've done scores of smaller and regional airports in New York State. You will find them in the libraries at Avsim or Flightsim and some here at SOH.

Jim

Francois
January 14th, 2010, 10:03
Okay, Francois, I actually did have a question for the support forum. However, when I went there and tried to register, I could see the terms of registration but there was no button on that page with which to request my registration. Now what do I do? I have to be registered in order to ask my question...????

Stan V.

There's a bar underneath the header picture with (among other things) the word 'Register' in it. Click on that and it will take you to the registration form :)

http://forums.fsaddon.eu/portal.php or http://forums.fsaddon.eu/index.php

And yes, you have to be registered to use our forums.

falcon409
January 14th, 2010, 10:42
If it's not too much time and bother, would you perhaps drop a list of them here?
Sure thing: Note, all the Maine Airports are in one download and the scenery objects are in a second download.
Maine Airports:
Miller's Field
Islesboro Bald Mountain
Stonington
Brewer
Matinicus
Flying Ed
Two Falls
Lakes Region
Limington_Harmon
Mary Talbot Memorial
Then scattered around Rhode Island, Connecticut:
Riconn
Richmond
Ellington
Devil's Hopyard
Hmm, seems like a few more, but I don't remember them right now.

Stan V.
January 14th, 2010, 11:50
There's a bar underneath the header picture with (among other things) the word 'Register' in it. Click on that and it will take you to the registration form :)

http://forums.fsaddon.eu/portal.php or http://forums.fsaddon.eu/index.php

And yes, you have to be registered to use our forums.

Thank you - everything is is now on track...

Francois
January 14th, 2010, 12:12
Excellent, thanks !

HighGround22
January 14th, 2010, 16:03
Falcon and Jim:

Many thanks for the kind attention to this. I'll check this out RFN.

Cheers,

CL19O1
January 16th, 2010, 15:22
I just bought this and would happily pay twice what I paid for it.

spotlope
January 16th, 2010, 15:37
Excellent! Shall I send you my PayPal info? :icon_lol:

MCDesigns
January 16th, 2010, 15:54

PLEASE don't give Bill any ideas, LOL. Welcome to the forum!! :ernae:

cvearl
January 16th, 2010, 15:58

Have you ever hear of the word "Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!". The price is just right. ;)

No change needed. :engel016:

Charles.

PS - I bought it and I like it too. :jump: