PDA

View Full Version : It's good to be back on the horse...

Rami
January 12th, 2010, 06:01
Hey guys...

Oglivie sent a multi-lod model for the beautiful "Hitch Hiker" B-26 Marauder.
I'm putting it through beta testing now, but for those of you who have forgotten, the detail on this model is exceptional.

Some of the features I missed are the double bomb bay doors and the "click-able" cockpit.

I tried working on the airfile, but even though the performance figures were correct, it left me stranded on the runway at Framlingham with engines that wouldn't start. Oops!

dvslats
January 12th, 2010, 14:51
HOly beejesis, that is a sweet looking bird. Looking forward to the multi-lod.

BTW, does anyone remember authors for different skins for this B-26?

Dave

PJMack
January 12th, 2010, 15:26
Really looking forward to it. Thanks guys.:ernae:

OBIO
January 12th, 2010, 15:48
There are a lot of paints for Dave's 26 over on flightsim.com. Various artists. I will head over that way and find the best search keyword to find them.

OBIO

Okay:

Damian Rice did most of the paints. One by Cristiano Magnani and one by Randy Short. Best keyword to do a search for the skins is HHiker. That will bring up all of the skins for Dave's 26.

dvslats
January 12th, 2010, 20:59
HHiker the word, Thanks a bunch Obio.

jackedwardmorris95
January 12th, 2010, 22:52
Hmm,
I heard Framlingham was a nice base, set deep in the Suffolk countryside with an old market town and a crumbling castle, home to the 95th and then I think the 390th, shame you don't get to see the town and castle in CFS2, Now theres an Idea...

Jack

PJMack
January 16th, 2010, 03:50
Rami,

When do you think this will be ready?
:monkies:

Oglivie
January 17th, 2010, 14:54
To All,

Sorry for the delays, I found a few issues in the model that I sent to Rami and am in the process of correcting it. The textures weren't showing correctly for the nose and cowl logo and are now corrected. I want to take a closer look at the wing landing lights that do not seem to be showing well at present and then it should be all set for upload.

Caution: Slow guy (me) at work :icon_lol:

Cheers,
O

PJMack
January 17th, 2010, 15:10
Thank you.:ernae:

PJMack
January 20th, 2010, 17:19
Gary,

Excellent job. My computer handled a flight of eight with little frame rate drop. I have an Intel 2.66mhz quad core running Windows 7 64bit. Also 8gb of ram. My monitor is an lcd but needs to be updated in the next month.
I went between 60 fps to 45 fps and all looked great.
I like the d switch opening both bomb bays at once and the c switch opening the cockpit.
I would love to make another fs9 model multiload and will email you if you have the time.

Great job.

Patrick

Oglivie
January 20th, 2010, 17:39
Patrick,

Thanks for your beta test out and I'm glad to read the model worked out well. Your computer system looks nice. Send me your email about the fs9.

Gary

Oglivie
January 20th, 2010, 18:01
To All,

I'd like to add that the minimum system requirements (for an eight B-26 aircraft multi-loaded, tested with 8 and 8 in quick combat) appears to be what I am testing the model with:

This model was tested on an HP Pavilion laptop with specs described below. I would consider the specs below to be the minimum requirements for the multi-loaded model (eight) to perform well on your computer.

Proccessor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) M CPU 410 @ 1.46GHz, 0.99 GB of RAM

Graphics: Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator Drive for Mobile
Chip Type: Intel(R) GMA 950
DAC Type: Internal
Memory Size: 128 MB